Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried to install tre on 07 14. F1 error message appeared on screen.it does read 6th gear,and raised power level up a LOT!!!!but i can get this same effect if i dont hook any thing up at all.i followed instructions,but my black wire has no yellow stripe.am i doing somthing wrong?should i have computer funtions if this is hooked up right?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I know nothing about your bike, but why even pay for something that does what you said you can already do for free?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i agree,but too late now($76 fleabay) i could toggle it ,iguess and use it when i want to play,then back again for cruising

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes, you will receive the GPS code with the steady (6) as your only shift number. You've hurt nothing to the bike. It is safe and designed into the bike when a sensor fails, or as you see, a faulty wire, (TRE introduction). There are 3 wires to the GPS and there are 3 combinations that end in the same result. It's as if you simply disconnected the GPS connector altogether, or had 3 different TRE's (each connected to one of 3 wires) to trigger the same code to the GPS.

$omething to remember for your next computer bike = A Freebee Disconnect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts