Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 08 ZX6R and a few weeks i installed the ignition module to add on to my PCIII. I been running the stock tune since the downloadable maps are rich as fuck and caused my spark plugs to blow out. Anyways today i was going to mess around with the tune but needed to install the updated firmware for the ignition module. I followed the instructions and half way through the update it stopped responding. So i closed it down and tried it again. Now the firmware wont update. I cant load any maps and i cant start the bike. Everything is locked and all that comes up is "error" and thats it on the PCIII program.

Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
So i have a 08 ZX6R and a few weeks i installed the ignition module to add on to my PCIII. I been running the stock tune since the downloadable maps are rich as fuck and caused my spark plugs to blow out. Anyways today i was going to mess around with the tune but needed to install the updated firmware for the ignition module. I followed the instructions and half way through the update it stopped responding. So i closed it down and tried it again. Now the firmware wont update. I cant load any maps and i cant start the bike. Everything is locked and all that comes up is "error" and thats it on the PCIII program.

Anyone got any suggestions?
Call PowerCommander. A brief Google search of PowerCommander reset PCIII comes up with others who experienced similar problems. I don't see any responses after they said they called or were going to call PC. However, before you do that, see if there is a reset button, either on the unit or within the software. That may save you from a lot of unnecessary running around.

p.s. That appears to be the over impression about their fuel MAPs, all too rich.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea last year i loaded on the "stock exhaust and stock/aftermarket air filter" since all i had was the K&N filter. After awhile the bike started misfiring and one day i was downtown during rush hour and the bike would stall every 2mins or so. It stalled 5 times trying to get through one intersection. Came home and checked the plugs, #3 and #4 were burnt to a damn crisp. Changed the plugs, put the stock map back on and it ran fine.

So i went on the dynojet site and read the FAQ and they suggest moving the USB cable around. I tried that, the option to "update firmware" comes up but says the device isnt communitcating. No matter what i do it wont communicate or start up. I'll give dynojet a call now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just adding in the results so people will know if it happends to them. I basically bricked the PC. I have to get the reprogramming device from dynojet or bring it to the dealership near me that has a dynojet dyno and the device. The bike will run if i disconnect the PC/Ignition Module from the injectors and plugs.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Two plugs were burned to a crisp? Can you elaborate?

*** me being sarcastic ***

So in your case, PowerCommander doesn't really deliver power or command anything.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just found the tunes were too rich and didnt add power, it caused more problems then anything. But thats because the maps are canned tunes and are made for a bike in different elevation and whatnot. I plan on getting the bike dyno tuned this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts