Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1996 ZX7RR. Yup, the real deal; #42.

Mostly a pile of parts but I've got tons of ZX7R parts to make it complete.

The bike is missing the rear mono shock and I'm told the actual rear mono shock for the N1 bike was different than the P1.

So... if someone has one that know for sure is for the ZX7RR and not the regular, easy to find ZX7R, let me know.

Dean

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
They are indeed different. At the bottom instead of the little plastic wheel for rebound it has a screw adjuster on the side of the bottom mount.
Is the motor a true RR? CR gearbox? FCR carbs? Triples, forks and brakes?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thread needs pics, OP.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are indeed different. At the bottom instead of the little plastic wheel for rebound it has a screw adjuster on the side of the bottom mount.
Is the motor a true RR? CR gearbox? FCR carbs? Triples, forks and brakes?
Yes!

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Here is a pic of the bottom mount on the RR shock. As you can see, there is a rebound adjuster on the side. Also different dog bones.
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Rim Automotive lighting

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The previous owner swapped out the rear sub frame from N to P, but he included the N sub frame and solo. There's also a ton of extra and spare parts. I own four P model bikes ranging from perfect to a pile of parts, so I've got plenty of parts to finish this one. Its rough, but everything is there. There's a Fox rear shock on the bike now. Only original part I'm missing is the rear shock. Its not not running and the previous owner said the compression is low. There is a brand new set of 72mm Weisco piston set included in the deal so that's not too big of a problem.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Very nice. I own a P and two N models so finding the differences is interesting. Currently trying to get my second N on the road before winter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts