Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wounderin what the percentage of 07 zixer owners who have had there bike blowup, break, whatever campared to people who have had no probs at all. I have had no problems with my bike at all it runs like a dream but it seems like there is more bikes with problems then there is with no probs.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would guess it would be a very small %. No ill regard to anyone that has or had problem w/this model and it burns me to read about anyones issues, but if peeps starting posting "I went for a ride and I made it home without a tow truck" there probably wouldn't be any bandwith left for other discussions. However that doesn't change the fact that there is a deff problem that Kawi has to address one way or another.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd concur with TripleS!xX in that it'll be a small minority.

My previous bike was a VFR800VTEC and a number of us (including myself) had serious issues with bad fuel injection. The % of owners who had that problem was far higher than those that appear to have dodgy engines here though I suppose you don't know there's an issue in this case till the engine goes pop. On that basis the % could rise significantly over time. It also appears so far that the issue is prevelant in the US only whereas the VFR problem was worldwide. That's what happens when you get the new models first I guess.

As regards getting Kawasaki to publicly acknowledge there's a problem don't hold your breath unless the numbers increase significantly. Honda refused to acknowledge there was anything wrong with the VTEC concept but strangely the system never appeared on the ST1100 (Pan European) in '04 as it was supposed to and the latest VFR has an 'updated' version fitted :headscratch

·
Registered
526 Posts
i think the only reason that it seems that theres such a large percentage of ppl with problems is because thats all u would hear about, i mean, some1 only really says something when sumthins up, other than that, if it runs fine, i dont think theyll really say much.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its a brand new bike, brand new motor. The first batch of 07's to come to the states probably were the worst ones to get...i havent had any probs with my bike and ive got 3k miles on it so far.

·
Registered
532 Posts
OK guys, I agree with some guys on some of the similar threads on this same issue, we need to consolidate this issue under one "sticky" thread !!

But while I am replying, there was talk of "pre-certain datecode" bikes (I think it was pre-April) that had this problem. Not true!!!!

I have now went on a mission to find the cause and here is what I found out:-

First of all, my first one that "Blew-up", did so partly because the one main bearing cap was not fitted - fact!!!

The new bike they gave me (Datecode 02/2007) has now done 6500 very hard km with NO problem - use it every second weekend on trackdays - full revs all the time.

I eventually got a dealer to admit that Kawasaki had an assembly problem at the factory to get the new bike to every country as soon as possible and that there was one of many lines that had some problems.

They reckon that the percentage of possible "bad"-assemblies would be as low as 2-3 percent and only on the very first batch. Thereafter the possibility of a bad assembly would drop much further.

This does not of course mean that if yours was other than the first batch that you will never have a problem, but the chances are very slim.

I have however found that before mine went in for it's 6000km service, it would cut-out at the redline of 16500rpm, and immediately after the service, it would now cut-out at 16000. The dealer deny that they adjusted anything, but I am certain that they got instruction to set it lower!!!!!!??????

·
Registered
379 Posts
OK guys, I agree with some guys on some of the similar threads on this same issue, we need to consolidate this issue under one "sticky" thread !!

But while I am replying, there was talk of "pre-certain datecode" bikes (I think it was pre-April) that had this problem. Not true!!!!

First of all, my first one that "Blew-up", did so partly because the one main bearing cap was not fitted - fact!!!

The new bike they gave me (Datecode 02/2007) has now done 6500 very hard km with NO problem - use it every second weekend on trackdays - full revs all the time.

I eventually got a dealer to admit that Kawasaki had an assembly problem at the factory to get the new bike to every country as soon as possible and that there was one of many lines that had some problems.

They reckon that the percentage of possible "bad"-assemblies would be as low as 2-3 percent and only on the very first batch. Thereafter the possibility of a bad assembly would drop much further.

This does not of course mean that if yours was other than the first batch that you will never have a problem, but the chances are very slim.

I have however found that before mine went in for it's 6000km service, it would cut-out at the redline of 16500rpm, and immediately after the service, it would now cut-out at 16000. The dealer deny that they adjusted anything, but I am certain that they got instruction to set it lower!!!!!!??????
Hey DUP, take it to Alain and let him set the little bugger up so it runs all the way :crazyloco

·
Registered
494 Posts

Did you get your info straight from Kawi? Or did it come through the service writer?

As for modifying the rev limit... I work at a kawi dealership as a tech and as a service writer, and I haven't heard a thing, seen any tech bulletins (internal or otherwise) or been told that we should be lowering the rev limit on the bike. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
as far as what i have heard and seen, i am from fort smith arkansas, and i pretty much know anyone that as a zx6r. i have 600 on mine with no problems, but was riding with a guy that had his 1500 and the thing locked a piston in place. he has a 3 year warrenty, so they wanted to rebuild the motor, he got pissed told them no and they gave him a new motor. he has like 700 on it and good luck so far. and talking to some others they have had some knocking going on. i have seen the post about the knocking situation, told them to go have it checked, out of the 7 people i know with zx6r 5 have had some problem. related to the motor. so i have bought the warrenty but i hope i dont have to use it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have clocked 4500 km ...no problem. Top speed reach 260km/h ..still asking for more. Plan for 2nd service sometime next week ... this bike for day2day usage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
nail on the head, ajtmex!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts