Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,704 Posts
I have a restomod 1986 ZG1000 Concours with a hodgepodge of engine parts that is having fueling issues at high RPM. I sent the following in a tech support request to Dynojet who responded with a generic form letter and a .docx instruction on how to tape off the airbox inlet. I don't have an airbox as stated! Also if someone here has experience with aftermarket O2 ratio kit and fuel pump please note the brand and where to obtain.

Bike: 1986 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours 2mm overbore using ZX11 pistons
Vance & Hines 4 degree advance ignition plate Stock ZG1000 igniter box, coils, wires, plugs
1984-86 GPz900 cams, stock advance GPz 34 mm carburetors with K&N pod filters
Ported head
Stock dual exhaust with slip on mufflers.

Question_Issue
Hello, hope you can help. I have purchased and installed the following: JET KIT FOR 1984 1986 KAWASAKI ZX900R NINJA SKU#2108
I have jetted several bikes with success in the past but this one is elusive with the parts available in the kit. I was able to get good low to mid range performance however it screams from 7 8k with this setting then hits a wall. Feels lean but I don t have a O2 sensor to confirm. I may need bigger mains and thicker needles. Slides are drilled and Dynojet springs installed #140 main jets Dynojet needles at highest slot
View attachment 22302
I would suspect either too much fuel or not enough fuel. If you back off the throttle a little bit, does it "regain" it's power or is it the same?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts