Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Frankenstein of a 01 ZX7 that has a 08 ZX10r engine cobbled into it and wiring is total crap. Motor mounts are made from anything they had laying around. Does anyone make a ZX9 conversion kit? Anbody in North Florida area possibly have a donor ZX9 motor/ wiring? I would like to go back to carbs...I don't need to go 200 mph..lol...any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!
20210118_195034.jpg
20210118_195104.jpg

Registered
You should sell the motor and make some of your money back. You can then either:

A. Purchase a P model motor, harness, etc. To get the bike running again.

Or

B. Sell the frame as a roller assuming you have a clean title.

There's a youtube video with a zx10r engine in a Zx7r like what you have. Last video that was posted was it idling. The guy had the stock tank modded for the zx10r fuel pump and he had to use aftermarket ignition system to get it idling. Lots of work for a novel idea. Need deep pockets.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
You should sell the motor and make some of your money back. You can then either:

A. Purchase a P model motor, harness, etc. To get the bike running again.

Or

B. Sell the frame as a roller assuming you have a clean title.

There's a youtube video with a zx10r engine in a Zx7r like what you have. Last video that was posted was it idling. The guy had the stock tank modded for the zx10r fuel pump and he had to use aftermarket ignition system to get it idling. Lots of work for a novel idea. Need deep pockets.
I definitely will try to sell the zx10 motor and trying to find a zx9 motor with all accessories. So far only finding a couple of zx9 engines with no history, of unknown mileage and too much $$. Still searching!
Thank you for the advice/ suggestions!!

Registered
I definitely will try to sell the zx10 motor and trying to find a zx9 motor with all accessories. So far only finding a couple of zx9 engines with no history, of unknown mileage and too much $$. Still searching!
Thank you for the advice/ suggestions!!
I would assume that those zx9 engines have at least 20k miles on them. You would need to err on the side of caution with those engines if they're between 94-97. They have a #3 rod bearing issue due to a too good of an oil pump. If they weren't run with just a little more than recommended oil capacity; you can bet #3 bearing will certainly go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts