1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First zx6r
Picked up a 2008 zx6r
It has a two brothers pipe with "British"headers

The pipe blocks the footpegs and the only way I could take the rear passenger foot pegs off would be to remove the exhaust pipe lol

Why is this?

Thanks!

after looking at it, it looks like the exhaust is on twisted the wrong way lol..

where should I try adjusting the pipe?

·
Registered
352 Posts
It does look as if it's installed wrong, but with that bike you're not getting your pegs off even if you get it put back together correctly. faster bet is to remove the foot peg bracket that mounts to the subframe by taking off your tail section. I had it down to where I could remove/install them in about 20 minutes doing it that way.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
get the service manual. and yeah, looks like the pipe's upside down. i had no problem taking my foot pegs off and my exhaust is still on...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Matt, what exhaust are you running? When I had a TBR on my 07, I couldn't get an allen into the bolts with the mid pipe where it was.

Oh, and not to thread jack, but are your lines growing on you any?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
the stock one. i was able to get the allen in and take of the pegs. i left the mounting blocks in there, i didn't want a giant hole in the bottom of my tail. oh on another note i posted some pics in the zx6 area of the brake lines

·
Registered
352 Posts
Man, now I understand why you were saying they were too long! Both lines are supposed to come of the master cylinder so you have a direct line to each caliper. I bet it was a mother fucker trying to get that line to just fit around the fender!

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
yeah i actually considered routing them differently and just having both come from the master cylinder. but i wanted to mount them how they're mounted OEM

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
and now that you say that i think i'm gonna try doing the double off the master instead of the loop. pics on sunday maybe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts