Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read the article here.

Is it right or wrong to charge the rider?

Aside from the rider trying to run from the cops.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I cant see how it could be even reasonable logical to charge a pursue e with neglant manslaughter or homicide, especially if fleeing was NOT illegal. if the rider did not force the officer or have any affect on the officers accident how can he be held responsible. Police are trained for pursuit and quite often exceed the speed limit, so who is really responsible for this accident

·
Registered
649 Posts
He should not have been in pursuit of a 100+ mph motorcycle. Either snap a picture or forgetabouddit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if it wasn't illegal then how come it was the bikers fault???? Sounds like the cops own fault to me... :headscratch

·
Registered
201 Posts
I was watching one of those police videos shows the other day and saw a video of an armed robbery. It was a two man crew running the hold up however the man being robbed had a gun and killed one of the robbers. The other one fled and was later caught and charged with a mess of charges and one being murder because his partner was killed. The guy explained that he was charged with his buddies death because they were committing a crime and he was responsible for because his buddy died from the outcome of the original crime.
Yes the guy was speeding breaking the law. Also with the rate of speed he was traveling at it is not just a ticket in NY it has some heavy chjarges that go along with it. So the tropper was doing his job by getting a potentially dangerous man off the streets. The rider was also a non licensed operator which was the reason he was refusing to stop in the first place. I am not saying the cop shouldn't have some blame in the outcome however the biker has to accept responsibility for his actions as well in this case! :crazyloco

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think its right to charge the driver but I also think high speed chases should be banned in almost all circumstances.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
sorta takes the fun out of it dunit

·
Registered
54 Posts
here i go
#1 bike vs chevy Tahoe why did he even bother
#2 Prior to this incident it was not illegal to flee from the police in New York
what he did wasnt illegal
so im thinking no he should be charged there was no way he would ever catch the bike i think thats why they have radios
im sorry for there loss but it seems it was his mistake he should have been trained to drive and know what his cage could do

1 - 7 of 7 Posts