Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i know most of you who veiw my threads already know my position with my bike, and i dont mind spending money on my bike, i still live at home so i have the luxury still of not paying rent and being able to blow my money on my bike,. yeah i know im lucky. but anyways im going to start taring my bike down very soon, and i would like the bike to look a little more modern, im not a big fan of the big squeare headlight in the front and im not a fan of the reade end and the fenders. i like the more modern,hid, and led look, i like when the rear comes to a sharp point and i like the look of the duel hid's on the green kawasaki that is at the top banner. is it possible to put a more modern front and read on the frame or would some modification/welding be in order, or is it even possible? i have heard the term "fender eliminator" thrown around, can anyone tell me what that is and maybe show me a pic of the difference?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Buy an aftermarket kit, or custom make a set.

Those are your options.

I don't understand why so many people think you can just take the bodywork off a totally different bike and just stick it on...

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Oh, and a fender eliminator gets rid of the "mud flap" and provides a more flush bracket for mounting your license plate and/or blinkers depending on the bike and kit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know why so many people answer to posts without actually answering anything, first off i dont think i can just slap on a different body, thats why i made a threat asking, second off can you prvide a link to this aftermarket body, ive done searches and cant really find anything, i am having a hard time finding anything for a bike thats 22 years old. but thats why im on this forum, asking for links. and i still dont see the difference in the vender eliminator. and what do you mean by mud flaps? your mean the sides of the rear that come out on either end for the turn signals?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I did answer it. You either fab it up yourself, or buy something aftermarket. That is the answer.

And aftermarket for that bike might not even exist in the first place.

And what is so hard to get about a mud flap?

The black shit hanging off the tail over the rear tire is the rear fender. It is a "mud flap" basically, hence the quotation marks.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
buy something aftermarket but you don't know if it even exists that is your answer? like i said, why do people even reply if they dont know the answer

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I gave you the only possible answers. They are limited, and now you have them all.

Aftermarket fairings are going to look almost like OEM, maybe with different cutouts or vents. Knockoff chinese fairings will be identical to OEM with maybe different paint schemes.

If you would like me to hold your hand, you are SOL.

But your question has been answered. If you cannot find aftermarket bodywork, it is likely because it does not exist. Typically something like THAT is advertised and easy to find.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and here i thought the point of a forum was to get the answers you cant find yourself, but according to you, its just to already go over the things you have thought of

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
What the fuck do you want me to do? Spend an hour and a half scouring the internet to find something I don't care about?

Aftermarket (May not exist)

Make your own.

Fab up some shit to cobble on some newer parts.

You asked if it was possible, and what a fender eliminator is. I answered both questions.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no basically i want you to not answer at all iuf you dont have any experience finding a aftermarket body kit for the zx11. my original post clearly askes id its possible without doing any welding, basically i was wondering if someone, with a c model zx, has ever put on a newer year zx body on the c model frame, seeing how you have a zx-7r, i wouldnt take it as you having first hand knowledge of this particular question. So maybe go to the zx7 forums and answer some shit you know about first hand

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
no basically i want you to not answer at all iuf you dont have any experience finding a aftermarket body kit for the zx11. my original post clearly askes id its possible without doing any welding, basically i was wondering if someone, with a c model zx, has ever put on a newer year zx body on the c model frame, seeing how you have a zx-7r, i wouldnt take it as you having first hand knowledge of this particular question. So maybe go to the zx7 forums and answer some shit you know about first hand
:rotflmao

Yeah, go buy parts from a slightly newer model and it might fit, if you don't mind the bike looking basically the exact same as it did before.

A guy grafted some shit on from another bike, and it looked slick as fuck. But it was still totally custom work.

You asked if it was possible without relocating and fabbing shit.

I answered your question.

Not my fault you don't like the answer.

·
Registered
562 Posts
ok guys calm down....haha

we do have a guy here on the forums from OZ doing a nice custom build.

they didnt really make zx11 body kits....i saw acouple guys in the UK,and maybe germany ,build some zx11s....with newer sport bike tail pieces......zx6 and a ducati i think.and i know one of them used a front half fairing from a streetfighter after market co.

heres one i like http://www.whaccessories.com/ streetfighter parts from germany
go to motorcycles link.....and check out the gallery section
now remember theres no kit for zx11.....but you can make anything work....some easy...some harder.i would look for the uk forums .....and search google with something like "zx11 + streetfighter" i know your not looking for a streetfighter style.....but these guys will show you how they modded a sportier tail section on....and different headlights.

ill post a link if i find one

·
Registered
226 Posts
Airtech and Skinz both make replacement fairing here in the US.

On the forums I have seen pics of a ZX11 with Busa fairing, ZZR1200 fairing, and some other kinds. All it takes is skill, perseverance, lots of work, lots of money, and lots of time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep lots of everything. I can say yes my friend we all want to be different but if you want a new looking bike. Sell yours n buy one you will come out a bit cheaper lets say u wanted it painted tangerine candy from house of kolor. I will say $1000 so that's a custom Tri coat color. Fabication of parts or making others fit. Well that can get even more money. In most cases guys that do that stuff. Are making art and is a passion. It's not for the money until its for someone else n not them. Never think all I got to do. Lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts