Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about yall, but for some reason, I don't even like looking at other bikes. I see pictures of ZX6,7,9,10,11 and 12's, but I just sigh. I use to like checking out all bikes, but after a few years on the 14, the rest just seem so blah....:rolleyes

·
Premium Member
13,118 Posts
I was never particularly enamored of the 14's looks, but I love it for what it does, especially for the money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree , but i like others also, but my 14 does look sexy though
very nice, indeed
You better quit undressing my bike with your eyes!:rant

·
Registered
69 Posts
The 14 look I think is not aggresive enough.It just streight looks pissed off.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The 14 is growing on me, especially after seeing the blue in person today. I really wish Kawasaki would demo bikes like BMW does - it would certainly make my decision process a bit easier.

I'm still torn between it and the BMW S1000RR. I'm leaning towards the ZX since the type of riding I'll most likely be doing is just tooling around with the occasional burn through curvies.

There is no denying the BMW though. It's a serious machine.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I really wish Kawasaki would demo bikes like BMW does - it would certainly make my decision process a bit easier.

I'm still torn between it and the BMW S1000RR. I'm leaning towards the ZX since the type of riding I'll most likely be doing is just tooling around with the occasional burn through curvies.

There is no denying the BMW though. It's a serious machine.
Trust us…"buy it, you'll like it!" (for the over 45 crowd).

I have a 14 and I've driven S1000RR on a track day at California Superbike School. There's no denying that the Beemer is everything one would expect for the price and the history of BMW motorcycles (I had a '71 R60/5 for 10 years and 70,000 miles). Take their notoriety and add everything else that you would ask for in that bike (speed and amenities).
However, the 14 and the BMW are tough to compare. They both have their pros with hardly a con (always something).

I took mine out locally today in NY for the first time this year. Holy crap!!! Although we all know how fast the 14 is, every year when I get back on my beast after a brief hiatus, it still amazes me how truly fast it is. And the range in every gear!
I was doing 100+/- in second gear one minute, and and 40 in 6th the next.

So much fun should be illegal. Actually, it is :runaway.

Do it like a BOSS! New season is coming up…yippee^^^

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trust us…"buy it, you'll like it!" (for the over 45 crowd).

I have a 14 and I've driven S1000RR on a track day at California Superbike School. There's no denying that the Beemer is everything one would expect for the price and the history of BMW motorcycles (I had a '71 R60/5 for 10 years and 70,000 miles). Take their notoriety and add everything else that you would ask for in that bike (speed and amenities).
However, the 14 and the BMW are tough to compare. They both have their pros with hardly a con (always something).

I took mine out locally today in NY for the first time this year. Holy crap!!! Although we all know how fast the 14 is, every year when I get back on my beast after a brief hiatus, it still amazes me how truly fast it is. And the range in every gear!
I was doing 100+/- in second gear one minute, and and 40 in 6th the next.

So much fun should be illegal. Actually, it is :runaway.

The funny thing, is I like the ZX more than I thought I would. And the blue - truly looks great in the sunlight. I went in there thinking Green or nothing, and left sayin blue.

I really thought today was going to be ride the BMW, see the ZX, and then go back and buy the BMW. After seeing and sitting on the ZX, I'm leaning more towards it than the BMW.

I'm going to go back to both places tomorrow and spend some more time with both bikes, and make up my mind. I never thought it would be this difficult to decide, but they are truly both great bikes.

·
16,062 Posts
They won't let you test ride the ZX?
Even though you are going to buy a bike from them?

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
They do demo bikes. They have "ticket to ride" events all over the place.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trust us…"buy it, you'll like it!"
YES! Thats what Im talking about!!!! We should start a ZX14 official Moto, get some Swag to what we do. "DO IT LIKE A BOSS - ZX14"

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HELLZ NA! Here in corpus, they wont even let you sit on the bike!!!!! Every bike has a sign on seat "DO NOT SIT"!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
This dealer is giving me a great price, but alas, no test rides. I just don't think they get demo bikes for demoing like BMW does, so in essence, they'd have to take a new bike and use it, thus losing money.

I think the demo rides are going to become the norm as BMW increases market share, the Asian companies will have to do the same to compete. It's amazing what BMW had done withe the S1000RR in just 3 short years in terms of market share. I think they are at 30%.

·
Administrator
58,569 Posts
Personaly, I wouldn't let anyone test ride my 14. Can you imagine the liability a dealer has by letting anyone who walks through the door test ride their bikes let alone a 200 hp 14? And what would there be that someone wouldn't like about a 14 after a test ride? I didn't test ride my 14 before I bought it. it fit all my requirements for what I was looking for.
The stock tires on a 14 are crap. I wonder if anyone on a test ride could really tell the difference and say they won't buy the bike because of the crappy tires.
Then the dealer is also stuck with a bike with miles on it that aren't "broken in" miles. I sure don't want it.
I also won't buy a "demo" car from a dealership. You already know it hasn't been taken care of.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
HELLZ NA! Here in corpus, they wont even let you sit on the bike!!!!! Every bike has a sign on seat "DO NOT SIT"!!!
That sux , I sat on the 2012 zx 14 the other day . It felt kind of like my bike but its hard to tell without riding it . Personally if they told me not to sit on the bike I would have left and went elsewhere imho. As far as doing it like a boss ,my boss is in his mid 60s and I don't want to know if he does it let alone how he does it :rotflmao.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts