Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after yet another long, cold winter I finally got a few short rides in today. I was just wondering if anyone else (and you southerners just shut it:thefinger ) was out yesterday or today.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really wanted to go riding yesterday or today, but since we just had a snowstorm last week it's risky. Some ice/snow patches still, and the roads are pretty dirty. I can't wait! :crazyloco

·
Registered
58 Posts
Two friends pulled into my driveway on there Daytona + Gixxer, so I couldnt resist temptation. Took out the newly modified 06 Zx6r and met up with more friends along the way, beautiful day, just a tad chilly. We'll be going out Tuesday afternoon in the 64+ weather!

·
Registered
649 Posts
road about 120 miles today.... the weather is coming around finally!!!! Now if they would just get all this damn gravel off the roads:scared

·
Registered
61 Posts
With work, I haven't had the chance, it's supposed to be pretty nice out for the week. Today looks pretty good, so I'm dusting off my jacket, haven't ridden in a few weeks, to take it to school.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just cant wait to gett on my girl,im waiting for the final,(yes your bike is complete come and get it!)after a 3yr rebuild,my fine 91zx1109 c mod w/polished frame&fresh black paint (no more rose/hott pink!)I can join my mean muzzy pipe with all the pipes that have been callin out my name for soooooo long! Let the goood times roll! B safe God Bless!

·
Registered
288 Posts
it's been 80's and 90's all this week here in arizona. 70's and 80's last week. but if you can handle rinding in the 50's and 60's you can ride almost year round here in the valley of the sun................................

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Managed to get out today on my ride w/ my roommate on his R1. It was a little cold on the fingers...hard to find a glove that fits over the cast LOL

Felt great to get out... if just for a little while. We both had to keep each other in check though to stay slow and not get carried away. Still cold pavement and possibility of winter debris... but awesome nonetheless.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I rode today and the past couple days to school. This weather has been great. But when I took it to school on Thursday for my business math class. It was canceled on Monday cause our teacher's wife had their second child. I roll up and park it in the motorcycle only parking area. Some kid goes 'You ride with a jacket on? You're a pussy.' I laugh and reply 'I'd rather be a pussy then spend a week in the hospital while the doctor removes rocks from my skin and finds areas for skin grafts.'

....He didn't say too much afterwards as I walked into the building. I seriously hope that kid learns that jackets save lives.

I'll be taking my ten to school today as well, it's clear and sunny, so I may go cruising afterwards!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
X2daC...

don't take this the wrong way.. but I hate you. :nana

I think this post was designed so us people in the north could bitch about the cold and lack of riding...

Not so you people in the south could rub in the fact that it's warm enough to ride all day.... to work... to school... cruising afterwards.

:banghead

Enjoy your ride (sarcasm) :lol

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
ya, i also feel the pain. i go to school in ND, it sucks. Back home in Jersey i rode my cousins R1 in December. This week thursday to sunday will be in the 50s and sunny here in ND. I cant wait to ride my 10r foe the first time.:clap :clap

·
Registered
51 Posts
I wish I could ride all year long! I just can't wait until Easter, getting my bike out of storage!!!! :crazyloco

I should probably move before next winter, so I don't have to suffer again.:banghead

·
Registered
8 Posts
rode to and from school today, and on the way home, ended up taking a 30 mile detour. You forget how much fun motorcycles are when not riding them over winter...

·
Registered
61 Posts
X2daC...

don't take this the wrong way.. but I hate you. :nana

I think this post was designed so us people in the north could bitch about the cold and lack of riding...

Not so you people in the south could rub in the fact that it's warm enough to ride all day.... to work... to school... cruising afterwards.

:banghead

Enjoy your ride (sarcasm) :lol
:crackup :crackup :crackup

Don't feel bad. Some POS spit on my windscreen today.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ahhh...Karma. :lol

...seriously...that sucks.

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
ewwwww!

·
Registered
95 Posts
:rant :rant Not on this side of the world, I'm in the US Air Force stationed in Germany, and I'm sad to report that Winter has gotten it's second breath. We had snow last night and Hail today. Weather reports are calling for snow all week:tard

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Ninjadad...I'm so Jealous. I went to your site...that's awesome. Amazing roads and scenery that I wish I could ride. I may have to go to Germany within the next year for work...just trying to figure out how to get my bike there. :eek:)

Can't sign your guestbook though, it's full.

Sorry to hijack your thread 1990zx11...but is it really hijacking? we're still talking about riding. :lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
hey what's up Swoosh thanks for the props, and I'll clear my box in the next few minutes. I'm on the night shift during this excercise for the USAF and all i have to do is play on the ZX Forum (ha ha)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts