Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide on whether or not I should get one or not.. I was going to do the jumper wire mod on my 05 6R and was thinking of buying a Power Commander...

Does anyone have any input or have done these mods and can give an honest review on them?

The only other mod I have is a Yosh slip on..

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's only really worth it to change the fuel air mixture after a big exhaust mod or air filter mod.

I doubt you'll notice any power increase on the pcIII alone.

It can't hurt though IF it's set up correctly.

If you do get one fitted, goto somewhere that does gas analysis and do a before and after. That way you'll know you're engine isn't running lean.

If you want more acceleration, cheapest way is to go up 2 teeth on the rear or down 1 on the front.

·
Registered
85 Posts
get the PCIII. it's an excellent first purchase as it's merely a springboard for other add-ons you may want to do in the future.

additionally, the PCIII on a primarily stock bike will still net you quite a few benefits if properly tuned... it is more than capable of smoothing out your power delivery, generally removing any dips in power throughout the rpm range.

the PCIII is all about quality of power, not quantity. do not go with a base map... always have it dyno mapped to ensure the maximum benefit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is very useful on any bike, even with dead stock exhaust it gives much better throttle response if you set the map properly. It is a great fun to play with the settings on your laptop and then trying it out in a matter of minutes (without needing to dissasemble your carbs like with older bikes).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts