Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy loves to ride listening to his IPOD. I feel it`s not the smartest idea in the world, how do you guys feel about it? xxx

·
Registered
131 Posts
I ride with one. I cant hear much over my bike anyways and I consider myself a really observant driver I always look at everything. I can still hear my bike revs over it too so to me its not really a big deal. Although when Im riding with others I dont listen to it.........just on rides by myself.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same here,scan alot,observe my surroundings,listen to the various bike sounds.
Low volume,loud enough to sign along to.
I relate to as driving the car with the radio on.
When your jamming in the car can you hear the emergency vehicle coming up behind you.
As long as you do it with good sense,much like anything else it's as dangerous as you make it.

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
I'm with these two ^^

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not for me. Ilike to keep my mind on the job
gammac
Hey gammac, i feel you on this one. Even with a little noise other than wind and stuff coming into the lid, you dont hear all that you should if using an IPOD or any sort of music. You make a mistake in a car with the radio on and you can get away with it, if you make a mistake with music on while riding, your going down and very hard

·
Registered
649 Posts
I just read a post on another forum about a guy who crashed on a curve he had done 100 times..... he said he was singing a song in his head and over shot the corner. :rant

·
Registered
10 Posts
not for me, i like to hear the bike too much. and if i'm in traffic i listen to cars around me too, helps me know when someone is getting too close

·
Registered
131 Posts
no I do not listen to one, I like to listen to my bike.....that's music to my ears, not to mention I usually shift to sound rather than tach.....

·
Registered
188 Posts
My buddy loves to ride listening to his IPOD. I feel it`s not the smartest idea in the world, how do you guys feel about it? xxx
definitly not the smartest idea but then neither is hitting warp speed 10 as we all do from time to time

cant beat wu tang bring the ruckus on full whack just make sure every liability is behind you at all times!

PEACE LOVE AND HACKING

·
Registered
164 Posts
tried music a couple times but i can barely hear it over the bike anyways...and the headphones weren't comfy.....so I'll stick with listening to the bike sing

·
Registered
288 Posts
i've tried it several times coming home from the gym. but my earphones don't stay secure so it's more of a hassle then enjoyment. and i love hearing the sound of the bike anyway................

·
Registered
236 Posts
I like listen to mine, but only under certain conditions, and at a low volume to allow for surrounding sounds. I listen to it riding on the long trips on less traveled roads, but won't listen to it riding in city traffic. I always have my earbuds in anyway.. my radar detector is connected to my mp3 player, so whether it's on or not, I still can hear my RD :clap

·
Registered
60 Posts
i used to listen to my ipod until it broke.....piece of shit ebay! but yeah i love listening to music all the time anyway, plus there's nothing quite like some hatebreed when you've had a shitty day

1 - 20 of 26 Posts