Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for a while and just picked up a 2012 on thursday. I traded in my '08 Concours. I ordered the SW Motech racks and the Givi V35 bags. Installing the rack was quick but the bags do not clear the pipes. I spoke with Twisted Throttle and this set up is supposed to cover the 2012 but I'm thinking since the cans are different than the 2011 they might be wrong. Before I return them just wondering if anyone else has this set up on a 2012 that might be able to help.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I have Scorpion slip-ons on my '07 and I had to make some brackets to drop them 1 1/4" at the footpeg mount to clear the V35s. The 2012 mufflers are so huge, I could see where they might interfere with the bags. With the midpipe and muffler being one-piece, the stock pipes may not be able to be adjusted or dropped enough to clear.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Been lurking for a while and just picked up a 2012 on thursday. I traded in my '08 Concours. I ordered the SW Motech racks and the Givi V35 bags. Installing the rack was quick but the bags do not clear the pipes. I spoke with Twisted Throttle and this set up is supposed to cover the 2012 but I'm thinking since the cans are different than the 2011 they might be wrong. Before I return them just wondering if anyone else has this set up on a 2012 that might be able to help.

Thanks for any help.

Kevin
send a pic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts