Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all you bike nuts.

I just have a question that would be interesting to have the answer to.

If you guys go and purchase a bike or car or even house or anything for that matter, what sort of interest rates are you guys paying?

We in South Africa, are looking at another interest rate increase of 0.5% which means that the prime rate will now be 12%.:banghead

Due to the 12%, most finance places are now charging anything from 13% to 18% depending on the person and history of that person on anything they finance.:banghead

Seeing that our prices of everything are so high including another gas price increase last night of 23c per litre which bring 93 oct gas to R7.01 litre +- $1 per litre and 95 oct gas to R7.24 litre +- $1.06 litre, i was just wondering if things are like that out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
604 Posts
I believe Kawasaki, here, has a 6.9%APR (Anual Persentage Rate)... Which isn't too bad... Then after 2 years it jumps to 9.9%, i believe...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I got 6.5% for four years on mine through my credit union. I plan on paying it off much quicker than that though.

The dealership offered me 6.0% but I turned them down. The credit union has been very good to me over the years plus I really like having the money taken directly out of my check. The difference was only around $3 a month or so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts