Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Integrated or short stock signals??

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  green meenie 
#1 ·
Mounting an fender eliminator up & under the rear. Can go with short stock singnals on the F.I. or integrated tail signals. Just wondering if anyone has any comments about the pros/cons of these signal options (I'll deal with the "local regulations" issue):thumbup

#5 ·
My 7R I had integrated lights with the undertail system.

On my 10R... the signals need not be replaced as they look good as is IMO... but I replace the rear fender with the plate eliminator posted by Beans on here, and it looks factory. I get more compliments on my plate eliminator than any one else does on theirs.

#6 ·
Had a look at the F.E. post & that setup looks sweet on the 10 :clap
Only wish I had the same rear signal setup but alas; stock hardware sticks out so far I'm affraid I'm gonna clip someone when I pass em. Want to get rid of all that junk at the arse end. Like everthing else, lots of opinions on what's best. Think I'll end up going integrated tail/signals - just hope they're bright enough (no worse that factory maybe??) :eek:hno

#7 ·
the thing i heard about intergrated rear lights. if the signal portions go out so will the rear light, vise versa. can't speak from experience as i don't really care for that setup. but, one of the riders here had an intergrated rear setup and the left signal went out. so the whole rear light was out. it sucked for him as he sold the rear signal after installing the intergrated rear. heard he got a several tickets for it as well.

#8 ·
I just ordered a green Integrated light im just waiting on it. Im kind of interested how it will look when the turn signals are on. I have read that the Clear Alternatives kit (the one I got) has some fitting problems. Although it may just be the installer haha. I dont know when you plan on getting these but I will post up some pics.

#12 ·
personally i like how clean the integrated looks but in cali the turns gotta be 12 inches apart...so i just went with some short stocks....not lookin for any extra reasons to get pulled over

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.