Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone in the process of getting a bike, whether it's your first or an upgrade, I have this tip for you:
INSURE YOURSELVES as well as your bike.

Motorcycling's a risk, a risk that we embrace. And if you're willing to get on a motorcycle, you're probably willing to go without health insurance to save some cash to spend on another mod for your bike. I did that without thinking twice because I thought I was invincible on my bike, I paid attention at all times, and I knew that if I were to get into an accident, it would be because of someone else's mistake; not mine.

I did get into an accident, and it was someone else's fault. They pulled out of a side street to make a left turn and "didn't see me". Problem was, the person who hit me was 18 (which means she was responsible for herself and I can't sue her parents) and had nothing. Also she was carrying minimal coverage insurance, which means I only can get $15,000 for my medical expenses. A few days in the hospital and three surgeries, x-rays, and MRIs ballooned the bill to $300,000. So I'm in the hole $285,000 for something that wasn't my fault.

This is not to scare you out of riding.

Just please be smart about insuring yourself. Make sure you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage for your bike and especially a good health insurance plan. I had neither and I'm paying for the gamble I took.

Don't do what I did.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts