Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shopping for insurance and I'm pissed to find out that the lowest quote I've been able 2 find for an 07' zx6 is like $3,200 a year! :rant :runaway Thats WITH full coverage and a $500 deductible. I just have NO CLUE how some guys are like "yea my insurance is only $40-$50/month." HOW!?Granted I AM 23 w/o much experience but still... $3K/yr is RAPE!!!:whip What are some of your payments,coverages and ins. companies you guys deal with????

·
Registered
144 Posts
Who have you been getting quotes from? I go through State Farm but they are nazis about not accepting new people if you have even one ticket on your record. I pay $66 a month for both my bikes with full coverage.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I pay $150 (yr) for 2 bikes! he he. It sounds like your gettin the boots put to ya. Keep shopping around, I'm pretty sure you will find a better rate, I go through progressive but my bikes are paid off and older. If you have a lien out on the bike that's prolly why you got on the ropes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
my driving record is pretty abused (1 nasty speeding ticket)... so i know what you mean. i ended up not getting full coverage. the companies will tell you you need it if you don't hold your own lien, but if you go through the kawi "go green" they have going on, you don't need full coverage. i'm at $400 w/ the most minimum possible through Progressive.

being under 24 doesn't help...

·
Registered
449 Posts
I pay $150 (yr) for 2 bikes! he he. It sounds like your gettin the boots put to ya. Keep shopping around, I'm pretty sure you will find a better rate, I go through progressive but my bikes are paid off and older. If you have a lien out on the bike that's prolly why you got on the ropes.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had to check your "from" tag line there to be sure you weren't from Canada. That's the kind of rates for full coverage we see regularly up here, at least on sport bikes. :scared Never heard of a rate that high State-side tho.
Age; dirving record; coverage/deductibles; other stuff you insure with the same company - all makes a difference. Check around is all I can say :runaway

·
Registered
449 Posts
I had to check your "from" tag line there to be sure you weren't from Canada. That's the kind of rates for full coverage we see regularly up here, at least on sport bikes. :scared Never heard of a rate that high State-side tho.
Age; dirving record; coverage/deductibles; other stuff you insure with the same company - all makes a difference. Check around is all I can say :runaway
Hey Greenie, Ain't $1 U.S dollar = to like $10,000 canadian dollars or something? he he~

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I'm not sure whats going on... I haven't been 2 State Farm's website just yet but I'm on Progressive.com Right Now and I put in $1000 deductible for collision and $1000 Comprehensive coverage. Minimum coverage for everything else-- 1 violation in the past 35 months (in june of last year for reckless driving i think .Cop pulled me for a ROLLING STOP at a stop sign in my OWN FRIGGIN NEIGBORHOOD) and it STILL showing $4,301.00 for 12 months. THATS $333.20 a month. You guys have GOT to help me. Is it my age???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stop trying to go through the obvious big name companies. I had the exact same problem. Should be against the law to charge more in two years for what the bike costs in the first place. I finally got out the yellow pages and started calling around and got mine to 130 a month. I'm thirty 1 but have had a blimish or two and this is with 500 deduct on both and added theft and uninsured motorist. Geico and progressive quoted me in the 3 - 4 k range. Because they don't like people getting this and dropping the bike right out of the garage etc etc.. Best advice I can give is go to the local yellow pages and start calling. There are tons of small places that are just as good as progressive...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yea, I'm pretty much on with most of you guys on the higher side. I go through AIG with full coverage, $1000 deductables, and pay like $1900 a year. If I switch to $500 deductables it jumps about 400 bucks higher. The only good news is during the winter I'm gonna drop the coverage to liability only, which is about $250 a year... FYI, I am 21 with 2 accidents and a citation. so mine isn't quite as low as it could be, lol. Just shop around the best you can, possible try a broker... Good luck!

·
Registered
9 Posts
'06 ZX-14
'00 V-Max

For both=$584/year/full coverage/$1000 deduct/AAA - and on you go . . .

Your biggest hurdle is your age - no matter how much experience you have, most insurance companies will see you as too young looking to go too fast. . . . been there, done that. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I go through Usaa wich sublets out to progresive. I have liability, uninsured motorist and theft on a 07zzr600 I pay 315 a year.. im 23 with about 2 years riding exp. Just pay for gap insurance when you buy the bike will cover the diff you owe in an accident if your fault. other wise the other parties ins will pay for it. that my two cents take it or leave it

·
Registered
56 Posts
I pay about 170 a month for full coverage on my 07 zx6, it has a lein and i have a clean driving record but i'm only 20 :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
take a motorcycle safety training course, that should bring it down some, i pay about 850 a year for my 05 636 and i have a accident on my record, actually my accident is dropping off this month so my premium should go down to about 650 a year. i'm 23 years old and i have allstate, maybe you should check them out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try Country Insurance, I have a 05 Ninja 636, 06 Ninja 636 and 05 Ninja 250 with full coverage and $500 Deduc, I pay around $ 90 or so, My total bill is only like $240 a month that includes the bikes, my 05 Scion Xb, Renters Insurance, Life Insurance on my Mom and Wife Full Coverage on everything and at the most $500 Deducs. Im 24 No tickets or accidents.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I second Country i am 26 with just my bike with that company and its like 38.50 a month

1 - 20 of 23 Posts