Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering whaat everyone else is paying for insurance? I live in Delaware and I have State Farm with full coverage and they just raised my rate from 740 to 940 I think thats ridiculous and I'm looking for another agency. What do you guys have??

·
Premium Member
13,204 Posts
American Family, where I have ALL my insurance policies, wanted $1700/yr. for full coverage. I am carrying minimum coverage and if I don't wasd it up within another 4 years, I will have saved the price of the bike. $940/yr. sounds pretty good to me for full coverage. Remember, you pay a BIG premium for the "Ninja" decal on the flanks.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
insurance and oil threads seem to be popular
anyway I'm excited since I just switched to Progressive, full coverage on the 14 and $3k in accessories and road side assistance, $266/year with $1000 deductible
Factor in age, location, driving rcord, credit score and cc's.

And yes, the ninja decal.

·
Registered
65 Posts
insurance and oil threads seem to be popular
anyway I'm excited since I just switched to Progressive, full coverage on the 14 and $3k in accessories and road side assistance, $266/year with $1000 deductible
Factor in age, location, driving rcord, credit score and cc's.

And yes, the ninja decal.
Good rate! I pay 990/year to Dairyland for my '12 14R and the Harley, $1000 deductible, full replacement, full coverage, and roadside assistance, $5000 in accessories...

Progressive wanted $1100 just for the 14R, i'm thinking because of the cc's, because i'm 50, nothing on my driving record, and excellent credit, and when i checked them on my Vrod (1250cc) it was only a couple hundred dollars...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had to learn about insurance because when I was younger my right foot would spasm and mash the gas pedal. Clearly a medical condition that was never properly diagnosed. At one point w/ a $3K deductible I was paying $3800 for insurance on a car. Now put that in 1987 dollars.
I have Progressive.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Good rate! I pay 990/year to Dairyland for my '12 14R and the Harley, $1000 deductible, full replacement, full coverage, and roadside assistance, $5000 in accessories...

Progressive wanted $1100 just for the 14R, i'm thinking because of the cc's, because i'm 50, nothing on my driving record, and excellent credit, and when i checked them on my Vrod (1250cc) it was only a couple hundred dollars...
One of the other insurance threads got me checking around. I tried Dairyland and I think it was about $2300 with their online quote.
I had Allied insurance for my bikes and even with discounts with homeowners it was $630 a year. I was amazed Progressive could beat that. They haven't been that good in the past.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Geico, which i have 2 cars insurance,wanted $2300 and i laughed so hard, I almost crashed my car and my bluetooth popped out of my ear.

I live in NYC, where insurance is insanely high, and I have a $368 full coverage with theft, $500 deductible policy, with Progressive. It would be $450, but my license is clean with no accidents and I have a good driver discount (if they only knew).

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I pay a little less than 400 a year for liability for my 7, and I am 24. Full coverage for me is about a grand.

I expect that number will tank yet farther in a few months when I turn 25. Spotless record, live in a city with tons of motorcycle accidents every year, but I have a valid M license, a passed MSF course, and have about 4 years of insured riding under my belt.

I am a minority around here, where most of the people I know don't have a license or insurance for their bikes.

Funny thing is, I pay almost three times as much for my truck insurance and they are both through progressive. Same coverage levels no less, and I drive my truck less miles per year.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm 37, live in Indiana, have a $500 deductible on full coverage through Geico and my premium is around $550/year. Add my Buell with the same coverage and it goes up to ~$1000/year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have State Farm with full coverage and they just raised my rate from 740 to 940
What is the reason for the increase of your insurance rate? I think that's reasonable enough since a lot is paying more than that. Shop around your area and you might find a good quote from one of the insurance company there since I think rates depends on what state you live in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They said it was a policy increase across the board. All the other qoutes I've gotten were almost double. I hate insurance companies. Between my truck car and bike I now pay 300 per month. Thats friggin insane

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

What do you think of that v rod? I've been eyeing them up lately. crusers are more popular here I'm still keeping the 14 of course but was thinking of getting a v rod eventually. I have no one to ride with on the 14... people couldn't keep up anyway I guess

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Time to start shopping.
It can be a pita but get all your info together and go to all insurance agents.
I found most wouldn't take the time to compare policies or make sure I had the proper coverage.
My insurance agent even tracked down the best company that would insure my home with a doberman.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
22 years old, Queens, NY, under $550.00/year for full coverage, minus collision with a $500.00 deductible. Through Progressive.
Quite a few scratches on my license. Both motorcycle and car related. No accidents though.

Last year it was about $750.00.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
33 years old, about 600 year w/ 100 deductible threw s/farm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts