Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting rediculous premium quotes for the 10, I finally landed with State Farm. Got my policy, full coverage for about 1300/yr. Much better than the other quotes which were 4k+.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how old are you? i got a similar quote and thought it was allot bc my father only pays about $300 a yr for full coverage wtf is up w that?

·
Registered
449 Posts
If I had full coverage for my 11 it would be $700 a year,my bike is valued @ JUST UNDER$4,000 so I run basic bones on it for $75 a year.

·
Registered
462 Posts
using the online provider progressive I could have got as low as about $700 a year if I opted for no coverage at all. I got a little bit of medical and the total was about $90 a month, and I have a speeding violation.

Good deal there, but if I don't have full coverage...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also got ridiculous qoutes on my zx10r. I was paying 1200 on my zx9r full coverage and to go to the 10 was 2600. Other companies quoted as much as 3700. Sold my buddy my zx 9r and he called me up to bust my chops cause he got quote for 324! I called up his company and got a quote for zx10r of $524!!! It is with Liberty mutual and you need to insure your car with them to get a bike quote, but the car was similar to my progressive auto policy so i switched, doh!!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm an idiot. My premium is actually roughly half of what I originally stated. The way the guy was talking to me on the phone, it sounded like the figure he gave me was for 6 months, so naturally I doubled it for the year. Not the case. When I went yesterday after work to pick up my temp. card and binder, it said the total premium was $654 for 12 mos. W00t! :crazyloco

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's funny how prices change upon location and age's. These Ins.outfits base these quotes on socioeconomic and other discombobulating factors like jock size,# of times you pissed,etc. thats why I used to ride w/out ins. for years. They look foreward to your payments but stiff ya if you need them to come through. Legal scams I tell ya.

·
Registered
53 Posts
this is a good thread, Ill be shopping around shortly here at least I have some good reference. I have geico now so Im going to start with them. Im 23 so im scared at what they may quote me

·
Registered
184 Posts
yeah its cheap but if you wreck your bike be prepared for a whole shit load of problems. Underquotes and a whole lot of wasted time b.c they are idiots!

·
Registered
53 Posts
thats why i love the fact that I was a body man and an appraisor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts