Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my cylinders and head back from the machine shop i've got everything prepped and ready to go except for in the install part of the shop manual it says nothing about using any sort of gasket sealant i checked out the section diagram and nothing is pointing to said gasket referencing the kawi paste, oil, etc...? i just want this to go together right the first time so your guidance/advice is appreciated. thanks

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
I'm pretty sure there should be a base gasket under there..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
there should be a multi layer steel gasket between the head and the cylinders, and a single layer steel crush gasket between the case and the cylinders

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
just got my cylinders and head back from the machine shop i've got everything prepped and ready to go except for in the install part of the shop manual it says nothing about using any sort of gasket sealant i checked out the section diagram and nothing is pointing to said gasket referencing the kawi paste, oil, etc...? i just want this to go together right the first time so your guidance/advice is appreciated. thanks
Gaskacinch from Edelbrock.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/440-B/10002/-1

It's the only thing I use for assembling an engine.Put it on the cases,jug, head and gaskets.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i realize there is a single layer gasket i'm just wondering if i need to put any gasket goo on it when i install it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts