Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have the ddm 55w high and low hids. I have both low beams connected right to the bikes harness WITHOUT using a relay and both lights fire right up each and everytime i start the bike.

Im trying to use a relay but the right side headlight is giving me issues when using the relay. Left side fires up right away and stays on while using the relay. The right side does one of 2 things. Starts right up but goes out within 2 seconds or doesnt come on at all.

What gives? Bad relay?

I swapped the wires from the relay from left to right and the other side is giving me problems. Starting up but dying or not coming on at all

EDIT- tried the second relay i had and its doing the same thing. I guess im going with NO relays for this kit :(

Im thinking the relay may have to be rewired but i have no idea where to start

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
May sound weird, but try reversing the pins in the harness. Long story short I have heard of reverse polarity and switched my pins prior to installation and had no problems. Not on the actually headlights left to right but imagine the actual single plug with two connector pins inside being switched. I hope this helps. I have heard of these issues with reverse polarity causing te issue.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May sound weird, but try reversing the pins in the harness. Long story short I have heard of reverse polarity and switched my pins prior to installation and had no problems. Not on the actually headlights left to right but imagine the actual single plug with two connector pins inside being switched. I hope this helps. I have heard of these issues with reverse polarity causing te issue.
I kinda understand what your saying. I flipped over almost all the connectors and tried a bunch of different scenarios. Nothing worked for me....sigh

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
man sorry to hear that. i hope it works out for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts