Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys sorry for being such a pain in the a$$

This post contain my carbs problem from the beginning.

Unfortunately here in my country they don't use Kawasaki's so much there for there are no spare parts i have to get everything online and shipped to my country (it's not that easy, but it's okay).

One of my friends told me to ask you guys if i can replace my zx-9r carbs with the carbs of a HONDA cbr 919, i don't know if its applicable or not ?

But in my country HONDA spare parts are everywhere.

Can somebody please help me with it and tell me if i can replace it or not ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Couple things you'll need to consider:
Throttle cable cam
Carb spacing
Carb diameter

The tune of the carbs will have to be addressed but won't be a mechanical hinderance.
Good luck with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Jowek70 thanks for your quick reply, but do you think it can be installed easily without any problems ?

And do you think if i installed them do i need to sync the carbs after installation ?

Regards,

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Your questions give the impression you are trolling. Of course there will be complications, difficulties, and you'll have to sync them afterwards. What on Earth would give you the impression otherwise? Those carbs aren't made for your bike and won't work together with it's electronics (TPS) like the original set should.

Come on!!! You're stretching the limits of 'reasonable questions.'

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply, but no need to reply like that .. if i knew the answer i wouldn't be asking here.

My infos. are minimal as i'm still reading that's why i thought of asking everyone here, but it seems that my questions are pissing you off.

Anyway thanks for your reply and help

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Sorry, it's just that we get some people who troll and it makes me want to throttle them for abusing our forum. I'm just a little too protective sometimes of our members' good natured replies.

Have you pulled the tank off to see if the float bowl equalization tubes are connected up correctly to the front of the bike?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I think buying the actual parts for your bike online is the best choice. Ebay has a set of carbs listed now. It seems like your carbs just need an adjustment, or something didn't go back together correctly. I downloaded a factory service manual for free from kawasakiownersclub.com and it's helped me alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts