thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
installed lowering links, now sits to straight on kickstand

tried to find an aftermarket "shorter" kickstand, and couldnt
any ideas ?

thanks
Watch the bike does not blow over in windy weather if it is more upright than it should be. The bikes lean onto the stand for good reason.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o i know, thats why i wanna make sure i get a shorter kick stand or something to make it sit more to the side . .

on a side note i must say my bike feels soo much better now ( itwas raked before with the front lower then the back) and now that the back it lowered to it is at a level stance and i can put my full feet on the ground instead of just my tippy toes its great

·
Registered
785 Posts
Wweeellll,
I lowered my 01 ZX 6R and had to heat up the lower part of the stand and bent it out some.
This will work until I get a new (used) stand and cut out about an inch and re-wield the pad / foot back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Jason,... I had the same problem,and this is what I did, I removed the sidestand from the bike,I then cut the "pad" off of the stand with a cutoff wheel,then measured and cut off 1.5 inches from the stand shaft at the bottom ,I then reinstalled the stand back on the bike , with the help of an assistant,get him/her to hold the bike level whilst you place the pad on the ground,and slowly lower the bike (with the side stand down)onto the pad. Tack weld the pad to the shaft ( doing this will give you the perfect angle/fit). Then remove the stand and finish weld the pad to the stand shaft.Don`t forget to repaint the stand BEFORE you put it back on the bike This worked perfectly for me, good luck!!
Ed "FAST EDDIE" Smith.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi Jason,... I had the same problem,and this is what I did, I removed the sidestand from the bike,I then cut the "pad" off of the stand with a cutoff wheel,then measured and cut off 1.5 inches from the stand shaft at the bottom ,I then reinstalled the stand back on the bike , with the help of an assistant,get him/her to hold the bike level whilst you place the pad on the ground,and slowly lower the bike (with the side stand down)onto the pad. Tack weld the pad to the shaft ( doing this will give you the perfect angle/fit). Then remove the stand and finish weld the pad to the stand shaft.Don`t forget to repaint the stand BEFORE you put it back on the bike This worked perfectly for me, good luck!!
Ed "FAST EDDIE" Smith.

Yep!:clap

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that would be great if i could either get the bike held up for about 2 hours so i could take it off and get it welded ( not sure how to hold the bike up withouyt the kick stand, without buying those peg type stands)
no on sells aftermarket ones??

i wanna buy one of a totaled bike and switch it out for a day and cut mine, or cut that one and install it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi Jason,... you could possibly use some pieces of 2x4`s to block the bike up.Just put enough pieces underneath one of the driver footpegs,kind of like a wooden side stand,hopefullythat should work. good luck.
Ed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thats a good idea with the foot pegs . . thx everyone for your help im gonna atemp this soon ater i make soem more room in the garage

·
Registered
151 Posts
i don't know if you did but you might want to adjust your front forks now if you didn't cause with only doing the back you threw off the bikes center gravity. that what the motorcycle techs told me when i wanted to order the muzzy lowering links??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the front was lowers by putting spacers ( or something, i dont know what its callled) on the top of the front fork area . . before i lowered the back the front was way lower then the back now its pretty even

·
Registered
22 Posts
i cut mine right on the bike.. had someone hold the bike up... cut about an 1.25 inches off..then cut the pad off n welded it back on.... took 10 mins.. sprayed it black

·
Registered
8 Posts
i lowered my bike 2 1/2 front and back as for the kick stand just take it off and cut an inch and a half out of it and take it to a muffler shop and have them weld it back toughter put it on the bike...done

1 - 19 of 19 Posts