Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to remove the airbox and got the top part off but the bottom I could not remove to get the throttle sensor. I was a little upset i could not remove the bottom piece. I removed all the phillips screws the one bolt kind of in the middle but i dont see any other bolts holdn it in. LET ME KNOW SOMEONE HOW TO GET THIS DAMN THING OFF SO I CAN PUT MY PC3 ON! :banghead :banghead :rofl

·
Registered
1 Posts
Airbox

Just finishing the same project on my bike. There are two frame plugs (one on the right and one on the left) beside the airbox. Take those off and the screws are visible through the holes. Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:rofl :rofl :banghead plugs what do you mean frame plugs we didnt see any frame plugs. we took all the bolts out that we could see. Exactly where are they located on the right and left? Under the airbox. Do i need a special tool to do it? R we talking about the same bike? o7 zx6r because I swear I didnt see anything like that. Let me know more details please so I can get this thing on, I really appreciate your help thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
:rofl :rofl :banghead plugs what do you mean frame plugs we didnt see any frame plugs. we took all the bolts out that we could see. Exactly where are they located on the right and left? Under the airbox. Do i need a special tool to do it? R we talking about the same bike? o7 zx6r because I swear I didnt see anything like that. Let me know more details please so I can get this thing on, I really appreciate your help thanks.
The plugs are the little black buttons on either side of the frame right below the gas tank.

http://public.fotki.com/phobos512/2007-kawasaki-zx-6r/rtside.html

Look just to the right of center in this picture above the Kawasaki VIN plate on the frame.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Where does the power commander fit? Trunk? Under the seat? in the fuel tank?
The instructions call for tail mounting in place of the stock tool kit...I believe someone over @ Kawiforums mounted it under the front upper fairing behind the instrument panel though. Not too much space on this one :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
And now that I'm home I can post the image directly in the thread:

I believe those are the plugs in question (there's one same spot on the other side).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts