Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good find, never heard of them but $20 for X-11's and $25 for the Arai's seems worth trying. I might pic one up for my X-11.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I just ordered an Iridium shield from them for my Shoei Qwest. I will post up on how well it fits and works.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a dark smoke shield for my Arai RX7 Corsair from them last summer. the fit is perfect and the clarity seems great too. I watched a you tube video with Nickey Hayden changing shields ( obviously paid endorsement ) on the Aria helmet. He shows how to change the shield even while you're wearing the helmet and actually with a little practice I can now change the shield in probably 30 seconds or so (FYI)

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's good find. I bet it's just left over overstock because that description sounds like its their last model shield and not the new SAI shields. So 10 mm smaller. I had a guy want to sell me theirs from the dealer for $30 caz they had it for so long. Good find I wonder if they actually somewhat fit on the new SAI system helmets.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback boys and girls. I ordered an Iridium and a Blue for my Arai Vector. Shipping was only $8!

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
Thanks for the feedback boys and girls. I ordered an Iridium and a Blue for my Arai Vector. Shipping was only $8!
I guess there's some difference according to which shield you order, but I got free shipping on the iridium for my Shoei Qwest.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
Still no word on the shield after 11 days. I sent them an E-mail inquiry about a shipping date. Anyone else get theirs yet?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Received my visors today from Custom Design and Fabrication approximately 2 weeks after ordering them. I ordered blue and iridium mirrored visors for an Arai Vector helmet. They do not appear to be Arai factory visors. I say this because the OEM visor has a disclaimer moulded into it ("Not warranted shatterproof if tinted", "For daylight use only", blah blah). These visors do not have this, but the quality appears to be quite good. Arai helmets have a weird attachment system for the visor which I assume requires a fairly high degree of manufacturing precision for the visor to fit properly. I removed the OEM clear one and installed the new blue one without incident. The integrated vents and locking tab appear to be identical and the visor seems to seal properly (I won't know for sure until I take a rip up the highway with it). The plastic appears to be the same thickness. I visited Chaparrals in San Bernardino last week and genuine Arai visors were priced at approximately $100.00 each (depending on the color).

Can't speak to impact resistance or long term durability yet, but $25.00 seems like a pretty sweet deal for these visors at this point. Shipping to Canada was only $8.00 and was reasonably quick too. If I notice any problems after using them for awhile, I'll update the thread.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
It's been 2 weeks and 2 days since I ordered. No response to my E-mail inquiry. They have no phone listing either on their website or in the Sacramento phonebook. I have opened up a dispute on Paypal and if this isn't resolved by May 16, I will be opening up a claim to get my money refunded.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Damn! just saw this thread and they have the gold shoei visor that I bought yesterday.
Im ashamed to say what I spent, Seems like they take awhile to get em to ya though.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I wouldn't mind the timeline if they were reachable and communicating. Probably a no-inventory drop-shipper working out of a spare room.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Hammerhead, my visors came with the guys business card and a thank-you note. His name is Spencer Kesner. Phone number is (530) 417-4127 and his e-mail is [email protected].

Hopefully you can reach him and figure out what's going on with your order. I was actually pretty happy with 2 week shipping for $8.00. I've paid way more than that and waited longer for stuff.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
I sent him an E-mail at that address. Hopefully he'll reply this time. I have no idea why he didn't answer the first inquiry or why it should take longer to ship within the US than it does to ship to Canada. Maybe free shipping means on the back of a galloping jackass.

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
Received a reply and apologies from Spencer Kesner. My order was somehow lost in a pile of others. I told him I would drop the PP dispute as soon as the shield arrives.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Received a reply and apologies from Spencer Kesner. My order was somehow lost in a pile of others. I told him I would drop the PP dispute as soon as the shield arrives.
Any word yet..?

·
Premium Member
13,120 Posts
Yes, he sent the shield and I dropped the dispute. Thanks to Ninjadude and his information, the guy figured out his screw-up and corrected it. Without that, I would have been at the mercy of the possibility of him finding it in the pile down the road.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts