Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like to mod my 99 zx9r some but not dump a lot of money into it. Just wondering what mods can I do to my bike that do not cost a lot. Say if I dumped $100 in to it. Kind of sick of these 600s or even 1k riders thinking my bike is a 600. Not lieing. Like for stencil zx9r for my tail light. Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol no I am a male. I get annoyed a lot. I know I flick of the wrist and I am gone and I been close of doing it. I lost my license in 2010 for getting a, the need for speed itch. Going 140 but got clocked at 116. Itch never goes away but I want to top my bike out in a legit way.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres probly 50 zx9r decal kits on ebay for @ $25 if your just wanting to show its a 9.
I will loom that up. I have heard people talk about a ram air mod.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
The only way to top your bike out in a legit way would be at a track...and top speed is for bragging rights nothing more, most people don't really care about it, try taking some turns you'll have more fun cause even if you're going slow it feels like you're hawling ass and and if you're smart have less chance of ending in jail or dead.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol duh! But good idea though. Be a big looking 6 for sure.
I know, I want to go fast one time.
I been trying to learn how to corner for 3 years now and got more into it last year and this year. Trying to find a good video I can watch. My left and right leans are different from each other.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Oh and you should put a 6 sticker that way it will be a sleeper lol
+1 It would be a shocker for after ride meet-ups for sure.

"You're only on a 600??? :headscratch :rant Damn, that bike's as fast as a liter bike. I mean, the grunt out of the corners is amazing!"

:evil

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol. If i had the money, yes I would. Rebuild the engine and Turbo it and make it a sleeper so you could.not here to Turbo untill high rpms.

ZX9R next best thing to Sex.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Go slow, the harder you try the slower you will be cause youre thinking to much, just go with the flow dont try to be a fancy rider dont think about how cool you look while leaned, slow before a turn, always look where you want to go and start accelerating slowly when exiting don't go full throttle, and dont go on and off on the throttle in the turn just keep her steady and mantain the momentum let it carry you through it, again just go slow and you'll eventually be putting a knee down, just make sure youre dress for the occassion or it might not be as fun lol

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
:topicsucks

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I watched videos on YouTube and where they corner and put a knee down. Dang. The thing is that I want to make sure I am leaning right. I always thought that I would lean more than the bike. Yes the 9r has more power then I need but its fun though. But when you stick a corner, it is a nice feeling.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the color scheme. The monster decals flow great. I would like to get the blue plastics where were available for the 99 9r. I need to post mine. One sec. I need to create an account on that sight that I for got the name to.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Dont worrie about the lean , throttle control is king. Slow when approaching a corrner , carry your speed , look thru the corrner and roll on the throttle once thru the apex. The lean will come with time. The more you do it the more natural it will become. Its truely an art , almost like a dance and the bike is your partner. Be nice to it and it and it will be nice to you. Be an ass and you will pay for it.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
True, I never push it on my 9. Now to find some good corners say 35 MPH.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts