Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, new to the forum and the zx7r, i have always wanted one and could not ignore this one when she came about.

however this evening, as i was about to leave work i checked the indicators as nomal and found that they did work. i tried the left hand side first, as i said they did not work but i found by operating the switch it had turned the front side light on?

i then turned the side lights on and the bulb went out, switched to low beam and they not come on but the indicators came on and stayed on?

i have checked the fuses and all are fine, earths look good, bu that is are far as i have got.

the only other thing i have noticed is the white denso 4 pin relay close to the clutch lever clicks once when i select the indicator switch to the left. it only clicks once and nothing else, but as i said this is not operating the indicators but activating the side light, is this denso relay the indicator relay or something else?

any suggestions would be really appreciated.

cheers chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unfortunately most won't know what your talking about, in the US and Canada the lights are ALWAYS on, my bike I brought with me failed a safety because it had a light switch, I kept the failure slip, no head lights, no tail lights, no clock lights, no license plate lights. it failed because it had a light switch LOL. Undo the 2 bolds under the fairing 10mm, and the mirrors 10mm, the 3 bolts each side of the side panels to front fairing and disconnect the indicators. now you can get to the wiring easily. The relays for US models are under the seat. If your indicators are on with the sidelight, then I can suspect the switch or at least investigate the switch housing as they are 2 separate circuits. if the side light turns the indicators on then the switch is sending power to the lights and possibly bypassing the flasher relay, so you need to start at the lighting circuit and ensure that the power front the switch only goes to the lights. https://rapidshare.com/files/6770429...ratie.info.pdf
This has the UK wiring diagrams in colour. then work on the indicators if you need to. sounds like someone has fed the relay via the light switch, but check the switch and housing for some problems in there first.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thinking about it, your light switch if the same as my gasr1100 is on the right side, and the high low, pass/horn indicator is on the left. i'm wondering of someone has put the wrong relays on the bike, maybe change them first as that would be a cheap way of checking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts