Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys n girls, ive posted here before after fitting my akrapovic system witch is sorted now, i have a 2008 lime green zx-6r, i had to change 10 amp fuse for my indicators because it had blown the old fuse and its now working but just as i click indicator to left or right signal i get a split second buzzing from it sounds like behind the flasher on my dash i thought it might be a relay but is the relay set up behind the dash or you think it might just be a rough connection leading to dash light as after half a second there's no noise and it works fine, its not an issue as such for me as it's not affecting bike's running i mean it runs like a dream but i wanna upgrade soon to a zx-10 and it would be an issue for someone buying my bike, hope ya can help peeps,

lee...

p.s ill post a pic soon as i can :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
That sound is probably the blinker unit. It has bi metal strip in it that heats with voltage to break a circuit, which then causes the lights to blink.

If I remember correctly, when it doesn't get enough voltage it will buzz. Look for corrosion, loose connection or a bad blinker unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts