Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 94 zx11 that is my baby but here is the thing i go to start it and open the choke it starts and runs as soon as i close the choke it shuts off and wont start again...it did sit for awhike because i was incarerated i put fresh plugs and cleaned all the gas lines but it still wont work anyone got any idea how i can fix this i am very mechanically inclined and would like to learn to fix it on my own that way if it happenes again i can fix it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just my 2 cents worth. The idle screw on the side may be ajusted to low. It is a big plastic dial below the carbs. You turn it to adjust the idle. I hope this helps.

Later

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried that i think what happened is it stopped runing while i was in jail and my ex tried to have somene fix it and i dont even know where to begin lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
having the same problem , mine starts ,runs , dies .. sounds like your carbs are not working , choke will run bike on tickover ,carbs should kick in when choke is off or warmed up .. strip carbs and clean everthing , maybe get them re balanced , think thats my next thing to do ? good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts