Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what is needed to make the zx-14 a big seller again. Number 1 is to get rid of those ugly black mufflers. Something similar to the gen.1 mufflers would work. Or something that looks similar to the Delvic mufflers. #2 would be to have the instrument readout in color. The LCD display is dated. Many other bikes have a color display. #3 is to stop all the black paint jobs.Use more colors like blue and gold. Make them metallic like the golden blazed green they had. I think that is why the hayabusa was such a success for so many years. They had some neat colors. #4 is to chrome plate the wheels. The zx-14 dosen't look good in black wheels. Lastly to bump it up to 1500 cc and 210 hp and call it the ZX-15. Maybe a zx-14 factory rep will read this and pass it on to the bosses in Japan.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Are you my long lost twin.? Great minds think alike ; )/
Reg the Gen 2 mufflers, I agree. I had a 1998 ZX 11 for 18 years, I didn't change the mufflers because the stockers looked great and loud bikes and cars get you noticed and sometimes its the law that noticed.
I'll probably get flamed for this, I have my fire proof suit on so flame away.
Especially now that Im older and really dont drink just because, However there have been times in my youth that I had a really good buzz going and road, I am of the belief that you can have a good buzz and not kill your self or others.
Imagine having a few beers at a friends pad late on a summers night. No traffic in any direction as far as you can see. Your feeling good and from the stop sign you redline it 1st - 3rd, hopefully getting on the back tire and as you come to the next stop sign off on your right of that intersection in the darkness there he is with his windows down because its a nice night out, Johnny Lawman, Who undoubtedly herd you coming from a mile away. What happens next wont be anything good.

That 11 was quiet, My 14 with stock mufflers was even quieter, My cousin said its like a ghost when I would come up on him. I Like that, Sneeky quiet but those stock Kenworth pipes were FUGLY.
I thought about getting some mufflers off a Gen 1 cutting the mounting tabs off re positioning them, re-weld and having them re plated. That would be as factory you could get..

Paint, Im a big fan of Black, it matches my heart, : ) But I dont like a mat finish. It needs to be glossy, think bad azz 66 Chevelle hood. But there are some really nice deep blues and red colors out there. Also I think a deep deep purple plumb would be awesome.

Wheeles : I dont like the black wheels either. They look dirty too me. Yes IMO chrome is the way to go, Im old school, nothing says killer old school then black on chrome. Make the rear rim wider and be able to run a 220 / 230 tire

Motor , If you go by days gone by, IE; An 11 Ninja was 1099 ccs, was called an 1100. So Punch out the bores should be able to add a slightly bigger crank with more stroke end up with IDK 1530 ccs and re badge it as ZX 16 R with 210 / 215 HP.

Travel: get something and the ass end of the Bike where you can bungee or strap down a travel bag. The Japanese models have those, I have an aquaintense that lives in Japan he emailed me a PDF of those models and it shows these 2 arms that lull out from under the seat with a spring ball bearing dtent that locks those arms out. The Oh S^%$T bar at the rear of the seat has 2 arms built into the grab bar with a hat on the tip so you can strap or cross strap a travel bag.

As a bonus add some power ports, USB or lighter style up front and under the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts