Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted the bike from Top Gun, and the few times I've come across the '85 model for sale they are usually in bad condition. They are harder and harder to find now too. I was very surprised to recently discvoer that they continued making the Ninja 900GPZR in Japan until 2003. I'm really interested in an A16 Ninja 900, known as the "Final Edition."

http://kawasaki-motors.nl/files/GPZ900R_A16Ninja-2003-final-edition.jpg

Any chance of finding an A16 for sale in America? I have a hard enough time trying to track down the normal '85 version, and in that time I've definitely never seen this 2003 model here. Is it legal to import one? What would the costs be? I can't even find out what this bike sells for used in Japan right now, and I'd imagine the shipping costs will be obscene.

Thanks for any info about owning this bike!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Someone up my way here in northern NY had one for sale less than a month or so ago. I caught it on craigslist and it was beautiful. I haven't noticed if It has been reposted since but nice ones are out there..

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I want a ZX-2R.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
I've always wanted the bike from Top Gun, and the few times I've come across the '85 model for sale they are usually in bad condition. They are harder and harder to find now too. I was very surprised to recently discvoer that they continued making the Ninja 900GPZR in Japan until 2003. I'm really interested in an A16 Ninja 900, known as the "Final Edition."

http://kawasaki-motors.nl/files/GPZ900R_A16Ninja-2003-final-edition.jpg

Any chance of finding an A16 for sale in America? I have a hard enough time trying to track down the normal '85 version, and in that time I've definitely never seen this 2003 model here. Is it legal to import one? What would the costs be? I can't even find out what this bike sells for used in Japan right now, and I'd imagine the shipping costs will be obscene.

Thanks for any info about owning this bike!
I owned the 84 A1 model and she was a BLAST!! I still have the stock black mufflers if ya ever need a pair. PERFECT shape. 4k miles on them. Also own the Kawasaki Manual for it as well.

I may know of an 85 in Calagary BC if you dont mind having it shipped. You CAN import it from Canada. 39000km, I think, on the odometer. Its been parked for a few years in a garage and is in very very good shape. The owner bought a newer bike, and he stored it at a friends house. I offered him $1500US 4 years ago and he accepted....but I bought my ZX11 instead..

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is an 84 model on ebay as I write this post actually. Bid is about to end in 40 or so minutes though

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,775 Posts

This was from the summer of 2009..... wont start cuz the carbs are clogged.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
We had one on Craigslist out here for months. But it looked like junk and so did the shed it was being kept in.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
What's an A16??????

Only battery manufacturers pool the Ninja 900R as a model A1-A16 and even then, not even Kawasaki uses that terminology, they use A1 - A8 and besides the 1985 was the A2 model not the A16 and even THEN there are more people trying to sell old Top Gun 900Rs than you can shake a stick at. Why anyone would claim they were unable to find a used one would only go to prove what a idiot they are.

The original ground breaking water-cooled Ninja 900R was of course the 1984 A1.

:spam

You're welcome for any info about owning this bike. :rolleyes Now Fuck Off!

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Having a bad day ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Only battery manufacturers pool the Ninja 900R as a model A1-A16 and even then, not even Kawasaki uses that terminology, they use A1 - A8 and besides the 1985 was the A2 model not the A16 and even THEN there are more people trying to sell old Top Gun 900Rs than you can shake a stick at. Why anyone would claim they were unable to find a used one would only go to prove what a idiot they are.

The original ground breaking water-cooled Ninja 900R was of course the 1984 A1.

:spam

You're welcome for any info about owning this bike. :rolleyes Now Fuck Off!
Probably the worst post I've ever seen in my life. Congrats. I see from your pics that you're old/fat though, so I guess you have good reason to be angry. Looks like you don't have many riding days left in you, perhaps your time would be better spent out on a bike instead of posting on the internet. You know, before it's too late.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
There you are! So you do have a pulse.

Why don't you like what I posted? Is there anything in it that is untrue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A16 is common terminology for the 2003 900GPZR, and there have been four total 900GPZRs on eBay in the last 6 months that weren't complete wrecks - so yeah basically everything you posted was wrong (along with being written in a profoundly stupid way).

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Probably the worst post I've ever seen in my life. Congrats. I see from your pics that you're old/fat though, so I guess you have good reason to be angry. Looks like you don't have many riding days left in you, perhaps your time would be better spent out on a bike instead of posting on the internet. You know, before it's too late.
Sounds like a challenge. Not sure what the challenge is other than personal attacks.

So what's the challenge you're offering to this old fat man? Hurry. The anticipation is killing me and I don't have much time left. :nana

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
A16 is common terminology for the 2003 900GPZR, and there have been four total 900GPZRs on eBay in the last 6 months that weren't complete wrecks - so yeah basically everything you posted was wrong (along with being written in a profoundly stupid way).
Glad I woke up my youthful/thin single post friend. That's all I could have hoped for.

If only you would have introduced yourself on ZXF first, so we could get to know a little about you, instead of drumming up a disposable Avatar like Throwaway, the ignore every subsequent post thereafter, as if it was such a bother. Certainly we old fat peasants don't have anything to offer someone of your obvious elevated rank. Forgive us. Forgive me.

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts