Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so heres what happened today. I took the ZX-14 out today to do a little ridin and take care of some stuff. This morning I dropped my truck off at a Toyota Dealer for my 25000 mile service. Anyhow while me and my girl were riding around the dealer called me and said "hey your truck is ready if you want to come pick it up" cool so I told my girl we will ride straight there and she can follow me in my truck to my house. We get there and I park the bike in front of the service entrance and walk in. On the way out I notice that my bike is on the ground and some guy and a kid are picking it up off the ground (This is where the sick feeling part comes into play) I say oh [email protected]$# and run up to the guy and say what the hell happend to my bike????? The guys fumbles for a sec and then said man I'm really sorry I couldn't see and I backed into your bike" So right then I'm like really freakin HOT . I tryed the best I could to keep my cool but I basically told the guy "you better have insurance or your a dead man walkin Bro?" He finally gave me the insurance info and appologized. To make a long story short I took it to the closest dealer Wild West Honda (right around the corner) to get it appraised and fixed. Its gonna need new plastics, a new mirror, left side exhaust, windscreen, signals, bar ends... about 3K worth of work. To make it even more rough its an 07 Special Edition so the fairings will be on serious back order! I'm pissed, my brand new bike is busted. It only had 650 miles on it...... :banghead

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate it.. Yeah I'm pissed about the whole thing. Hopefully I will get it back within a month. Dealer told me it could take up to three months so we'll see. :angry

·
Registered
990 Posts
Bad news!!!!

Seems people have a problem seeing bikes wherever they are, even stationary :squint

Can't you get a loan bike on the other guy's insurance?

You shouldn't have to lose out coz of his carelessness

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'm not currently worried abou the insurance coming through. Its the parts... THe dealer said since its an 07 Special Ed. the fairings and parts could be on back order for three months....

G

·
Dude, that's so bad! I'm really sorry, hope that it all works out. I know I've gotten in the habit of taking pictures of licence plates on my cell of anyone near my bike when I go into a store or whatever, just so I have someone to call if I come out and it's on it's side. At least the guy didn't just take off??
Drew~

·
Registered
498 Posts
Aaawwww man... I should have thought of this sooner. Somebody just backed up to my precious bike. It broke my rear number plate, Chipped a bit my rear LED cover and 1 inch of scratch to the right muffler. The person who did it just took off like that and don't have the sense of resposibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts