Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
The can will be very hard to find in stock form; most tossed them in exchange for sound/performance.
If you mean the header, Delkevic makes a nice OEM set for a decent price.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The can will be very hard to find in stock form; most tossed them in exchange for sound/performance.
If you mean the header, Delkevic makes a nice OEM set for a decent price.
I'm starting to realize that. I have a D&D slip-on. I want to go back to a stock pipe and stock jets to try to work out some fueling issues. I was hoping someone had one sitting on a shelf in the garage. Isn't everyone a pack rat like me?

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Oh man, that D&D probably sounds terrible and makes your ears bleed.
Best bet is to find a Muzzy off ebay or the like.
For your fueling issues thought, unless you shortened the can an obscene amount, it shouldn't affect your fueling much.
What are your issues?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For your fueling issues thought, unless you shortened the can an obscene amount, it shouldn't affect your fueling much.
What are your issues?
Manily 23 mpg at this point. It's also a little rough off idle and pops a lot on decel. From looking at the carbs it appears the PO (or PO before that) did a ham-fisted attempt at a jet kit along with the D&D. I'm going to try to get everything back to stock, then figure out if I want to do anything with it.

I bought a Kerker off eBay (lyin' MFer led me to believe it was a stock pipe). I haven't put it on yet, but I'm assuming it's as bad as the D&D. Any idea on that?

·
Registered
104 Posts
try to find out what jet kit was used so you will know what was changed.the d&d and kirker are loud but they are just strait throu like any after market.an after market can will make it leaner,also if your speedo is way off you wont be figuring your milage correctly.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The PO doesn't know. he simply said "jet kit." From the looks of it, it was a half-assed project. The jets are changed, but the needle is stock and there's no hole in the diaphram. It looks to me like he did the bottom half of the carbs, but didn't pull the tops off. In fact, it runs best with the idle screw 1.5 turns out, so I 'm wondering if he replaced only the mains. All this is why I'd like to go back to stock and start again. That and 23 mpg. This damn thing costs more to run than my minivan.

·
Registered
847 Posts
speedo may be off but as it is mechanically driven by the front wheel, it is what it is.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
With stock needles, the pilot screw is 1.5 turns out and the jets are 190 IIRC.
That should get you to where you need to be.
Sounds like you have carb problems, keep on it and you'll get em worked out.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks Jeepin. I found one already, but I sent someone else your way. I hope it works out for you guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts