Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my brother GAVE it to me :smile BUT it was sitting for 4 years :thumbdown it ran perfect right before the same day it was put away but it wasnt prepared for storage outside :angry so from what i know its the "G" model and has between 100-200 miles on a fresh engine rebuild and new brakes,polished frame with no numbers :banghead. it has a full muzzy exhaust and a jet kit. i dont remember the brand but i think it starts with a "L" and the needles are titanium. I just bought a new yuasa YTX9-BS battery($63) ,i need them all but for now a brand new oem front fairing ($120), original service manual($40) and oil filter. somebody told me to replace the clutch fiber plates because they rot over time and to go with the oem plates. to top it off i need to have the carbs rebuilt/cleaned ($200 is the only quote i have gotten) also both tires, my neighbor told me pirelli is very good... can somebody confirm this? and to top everything learn how to drive it and a great helmet and a motorcycle license (im not worried about this)can anybody give me some advise please on what else i need to do? thanks guys.

·
Registered
236 Posts
i say take it to a shop that can do all the work for you.shop around for the best deal.it will save you money and time ..get new tires , if your new to this its your best bet,take a M/C course it only help you live longer....

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah do the course mate and get yerself some good leathers etc.good luck with the bike.oh and just try the clutch if it works ok and there arnt big chunks in yer oil change i wouldnt bother changing them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
if there was oil in the clutch they couldnt rot if there was water in the oil could have some water damage but should still work you need to drain the gas and maybe change the fuel lines if it didnt have stbil in the gas when put up as for the tirs never tired the pirelli's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts