Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where do i need to go to compete i know there are tracks that have track days but i dont know about any acftual competitions going on. is there a "scca" of motorcycles? if you are from texas and currently race i would love to talk about all the aspects of it. i am currrently a Racing instructor (sports car stuff) so i know the lingo and am a quick study when it comes to things on track. i hope that my curve wont be as great as most rookies,but i expect to have a lot to learn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not from Texas but I'm sure there are novice race clubs out there. I would start with a track day. Go with an organization that offers some sort of instruction and not just track time. Once there you can talk with the instructors about racing I'm sure more than one of will be a current racer. I'm sure you realize to race you bike must meet certain safety restrictions like being safety wired.

·
Registered
38 Posts
get out of texas and come to the mecca of road racing here in the UK i live 2 hours from every track in the UK pretty much. the farthest track is about a days drive to wales.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Doug, CMRA is your best bet in Texas (www.cmraracing.com). I didn't see in your post how much or little RIDING (not "driving"!!) experience you have but if you're just getting into bikes - start with trackdays not racing 600cc class m/c's. Cars don't highside - but bikes do...

Vitamin-E

1 - 6 of 6 Posts