Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whatsup bros
Im back. My name is Mace. I have an addiction to the Kawasaki zx7/zx7r.
I have something headed to the house as i type this
pics to come.....can I get at least a "look what the cat dragged in comment?"

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you motherfucker. long time no see.
ok.
1996 candy apple paint and chromed out.
time to get rid of all that crap and go green and white.
runs great. dude drove it all the way from Miami to me so after a quick test drive, i dropped the dough.
good to be back bros
more pics and build specs soon
i had about 10 gsrxrs and a few cbrs and a zx10 since i was last here, but i always come back to the
zx7/zx7r
Hello, my name is Mace.
those who know me know i am a little off base, but I am cool
good to be back home

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
57x.
The man, the myth, the real jerk
i kid i kid my bro good to see you I hope you are well.
I took the bike for a little rip today and overall, I wasnt impressed with the current tune. I havent yanked the plugs yet to verify, however; I feel I maybe running a tad rich or the fuel lines need some heat shielding as the bike has the infamous "difficult to start when hot" routine, which may be jetting, fuel line route/shielding,battery voltage at hot start, or typical ethanol bullshit.
It ran fine and pulled pretty good, that buzzzaw sound bringing me back in time, way back, to better days.
The headlights are wannabe LED and its causing some flickering in my electrical system from pulling too much juice.
The color is awful and the chrome makes me want to wish 1998 never happened.
Just this one ride was worth the price of admission for the bike, I acquired it after stalking it for 2 years all the way from Seabring to Miami until I captured it.
Im sure the fellow who released it to me was not the same fellow you released it to as I watched it switch hands multiple times while I cheated myself with Honda and Suzuki.
At any rate its good to hear from you friend
a pic from the beach
Good times
Long live the ZX7R
I
I have settled on this paint scheme, Ive done too many Kawi greem and white
I need a set of race fairings. Thats gonna cost me.. Anyone have a beat up race tail? PM me.
I have 2 95 race tails but i dont want to mess with the year model like that

Oil was 2 quarts too full
bike was stripped of bodywork and prepped for paint

One of my favorite bikes of all time i had
just for kicks cuz we are all bored on lockdown

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PLOT TWIST.
I painted it a different color because i did the black and lime on the zx6r build
should have it back together tomorrow in the PM

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So after doing some minor tuning, The second shakedown proved to be much more enjoyable than the first.
Lets start with a vid
clearly, the ZX7R pulls hard with no hesitation and runs much cooler.
Secondly, here are some more pics,of my most enjoyable ride ever to date, as finally the roads are clear of people and certain oppressive entities.
At first, i wished I painted it kawi green, but the white on chrome is kinda crispy and it looks decent going down the road.
disclaimer; the person riding the bike in the vid is someone I know. He is clearly a maniac as he has no hands on the left controls and still seems to have complete control of a moto at speed.
crazy shit brah

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WHITEHENDRIX!
What a cool dude.I wonder if he knows his effect on the repair of the zx7 and how many he has saved from the scrapyard.
awesome guy

1 - 20 of 35 Posts