Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 zx6r with a brake light issue. I bought the bike about 5 months ago and 4 of those months it just sat in my garage. Now that I've gotten it out, I've discovered the brake light doesnt come on. I replaced the entire light yesterday and still doesnt work. I've check the taillight fuse and it was good, is there one just for the brake light? The wires dont appear to have been tampered with... ive checked everything I can think of. Any help out there?

·
Premium Member
13,041 Posts
Replacing the entire tail light is putting the cart in front of the horse, so to speak. First thing to do with an electrical malfunction is to check and trace the (brake light, in this case) wire, check the switches for operation and don't stop until you find the problem BEFORE you replace components. You could end up replacing all sorts of crap that has no effect on the actual issue. Shotgun approach is $pendy and not very productive. If you don't have a multimeter or at least a test light, take it to someone who does.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Does your bike have a "Park" position on the key switch? If so, does the tail light come on when it is in this key position?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts