Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my bike for over a year now. My ignition switch is stiff and the wires that come out at the bottom of the switch are finicky. I have tried the zip ties and it seems to work but I'm afraid that they might just stop working, so I ordered new switch. A- NEW switch has 7 wires and the original one has 5. B- I'M having trouble getting the ignition switch off. What kind of screws are those? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,417 Posts
I have had my bike for over a year now. My ignition switch is stiff and the wires that come out at the bottom of the switch are finicky. I have tried the zip ties and it seems to work but I'm afraid that they might just stop working, so I ordered new switch. A- NEW switch has 7 wires and the original one has 5. B- I'M having trouble getting the ignition switch off. What kind of screws are those? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Do they still have the caps on them? IIRC, those have to be drilled out

·
Registered
5 Posts
By the looks of it. I might have to take the whole plate off that holds the forks together and the ignition switch
That's correct. Put the lock body in a vice so you can drill out the fitting screws. Be careful to drill straight with a small drill to start with. You risk damage to the threads in the top yoke if you are not careful. The new switch should have come with new bolts that snap off when you tighten them. That leaves a tamper proof finish

·
Registered
80,81 GS750L, 81 XS1100, 85 FJ1100, 96 GPZ11 (1200 EFI PROJECT), 03 VT11, 06 VT600, 12 ZX14R, 67 C20
127 Posts
Dont 4get to use a little Loctite on those bolts when u go back 2gether, ull never b able to tighten them if they vibrate loose...

·
Registered
9 Posts
The switch with 7 wont work

1 - 13 of 13 Posts