Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching 2011-2012 MotoGP & AMA Superbike racing from the bike cams, I must say I'm sour to the Yamaha engine note. Not to discount their winning ways, but what a dull sounding motor. If that's what all motorcycles sounded like, unexcited and drab, I'd consider hanging it up.

Must say the works Honda's sound the best.

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Did stoner win today? I missed the end of it

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
Damn. Saw a lot of wrecks in that race

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Haven't watched a race in a while BUT I love the sound of that crossplane firing of the street Yamaha R1's. If I bought a brand new bike it'll be an R1. Dont worry, I have an A1 ZX12 on the list first :monkeyup

·
Premium Member
13,206 Posts
If sound meant all that, Hardleys would be the future of motorcycling. Unfortunately (for them) that's all they've got.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
well according to harley riders, they also have all that crazy power....:rolleyes :crackup
A guy at work has an HD something or other and he's even admitted that giving it all he could it would barely break 90 mph. Not sure of the specs but its a pretty decent size bike; speedo reads to 120, radio, hard bags, etc. Its crazy how slow everything is though when you're riding a gen 4 10r, haha.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
If sound meant all that, Hardleys would be the future of motorcycling. Unfortunately (for them) that's all they've got.
That's funny, I think if all motorcycles sounded like Harleys at least half the people who ride right now would quit. I think they sound like shit.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
I rode one once, I forget wtf it was but it cost more than twice what my 10R retailed for brand new. It did have good torque right off the line... too bad it was wheezing for breath halfway up the tach :rolleyes

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I'm all for ride what you like, but its the guys who think the louder the pipe the better the bike. These guys dump insane amounts of money (plus initial cost) and still only end up with 75 hp.
The best part is now they are the fastest thing on the road and have the attitude of a 13 year old about it.
Met too many of these idiots lately. One guy asked if my slicks were legal. I looked at the tires, looked at him and replied "Uh, those are the stock bridgetsones......"
Mindless bafoons.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
75HP pushing a thousand pound behemoth. Technological superiority at its finest.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Well if you aren't talking about Harleys, then there really is always something worse to talk about.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts