Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your riding your motorcycle, you can do things to make the ride safer by wearing better gear and being a better rider. Part of the thrill of riding a motorcycle is the element of danger that exists with being on a motorcycle. The realization that you are sitting on a powerful engine with a tank full of gas riding through the twisties at silly speeds!

Sometimes, I do like those nice and quiet rides too, yet I think part of the risk of riding a motorcycle is also part of why we ride.

What do you think?

·
Registered
131 Posts
nothing is "totally" safe.......even walking can cause injury. So basically, your asking a question that is impossible.

Next question.

·
Registered
208 Posts
True. But even cruising along on the fwy at a mellow 75mph without being in a protective cage, with the potential to do better than twice that speed is still cool and fun, riding in the wind, all the sounds of machine and road, it's a blast we all love.

What are you suggesting, airbags? No way. No likey.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Even if one could be guaranteed that it would be 100% safe, I think most of us will still ride. Pure fun man, pure fun!!

I would really like to see how far I can lean this thing over if I knew that it wouldn't slip out from under me!!! Crazy thought!

·
Registered
288 Posts
totally safe or not, i ride for the speed of it. as far as danger there is none IMHO. we all gonna die one day or another so whats to fear. i strained a deltoid muscle doing dips at the gym 3 weeks ago. and i was working chest that day go figure. no matter how safe you think something is your bound to get hurt. you can only TRY to prepare for it...............

·
Registered
288 Posts
Even if one could be guaranteed that it would be 100% safe, I think most of us will still ride. Pure fun man, pure fun!!

I would really like to see how far I can lean this thing over if I knew that it wouldn't slip out from under me!!! Crazy thought!
+1 :afro

·
Registered
38 Posts
In other words you're asking if I'd ride a scooter? I'll have to think about that....

I can't see it even being possible to make a two wheel vehicle balancing 400+ pounds that reaches close to 200mph not cause some sort of danger. Unless you add two more wheels, reduce the speed, incase the bumper with that material used on bumper cars and then make it lighter then the average bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts

Agreed!
gammac

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ride cause i have a need for speed and my bike is the only think that fully fulfills that need. acceleration on this bike scares me, now thats what im talking about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts