Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, when im riding and its fully heated, and i stop and put it into nuetral it is exactly were i want it to be, ruffly 1100 and the bikes coolent temp is between 155 and 165 on average. its always 1100 when im riding and i throw it into nuetral. the only time it changes is when i shut the bike off and then restart it. it usually idles about 1250 to 1300 untill i ride it again and then when i put it into neutral its back to normal.
is that normal? does it idle higher when its hotter? i noticed when i restart it, like after a gas fillup its usually about 180+ degrees and idles higher

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one knows what im talking about?

·
Registered
80 Posts
mine does the same thing (i think). i believe it's your fuel infection system trying to warm the bike up. once the bike reaches temp, i would think the rpm's should go back down though.

are you saying it doesn't lower rpm's until after you ride it? even after the bike has been ridden and is up to temp (like when you would stop for gas and restart after a few minutes)?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine does the same thing (i think). i believe it's your fuel infection system trying to warm the bike up. once the bike reaches temp, i would think the rpm's should go back down though.

are you saying it doesn't lower rpm's until after you ride it? even after the bike has been ridden and is up to temp (like when you would stop for gas and restart after a few minutes)?
yea like after a gas fill up and when i start it, it idles like 1250 untill i ride it and when the temp drops a little,the idle come back down.
usually when i stop it, its arond 165 degrees. when i restart it a few minutes later its hotter cause the fluid is not being aircooled. like around 185+ or so it idles higher.

i probably have nothign to worry about but i was curious. The bike runs great. It might also be due to my custom tune, powercommander, K&N and full system exhaust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts