Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
85 kawi zx9

So after alot of BS I finally have my bike running. Only issue which is big is this massive idle surge. My GS did this but I cured it by adjusting idle because i messed up on my bench sync. Now I have torn these CVK's down to the bone and cleaned everything and measured floats and everything looks in good shape with no need to buy rebuild kit. Hell i dont even need to put choke on for cold start, wierd for me i guess from what im used to. after it ran high rpms last i killed it right away and ripped the carbs off and it was a liitle moist with gas in the boots,....is that normal if i killed it at high rpm's? or is that a sign of my problem?

And what the hell is the thing above my valve cover breather that carbs 1 and 4 conjoin into? looks like something on my honda like a vacuum thingy (sorry I dont know too much about bikes but I can get them to run from deadmeat but running to spec is a learning experience)

**** also i checked the throttle and it moves very fluid with every twist and butterflys are just barely open (couldn't even fit a hair through it) idle air screws are 1.5 turns out and are in good shape.

Thanks for any replys as i am getting antsy to ride this thing finally

·
Registered
77 Posts
it still sounds like something is letting it have gas. so, recheck to make sure everything is where it needs to be. I would also check the choke area

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i just disconnected the choke with same result. i will take carbs completely off and completely go over everything off. i plugged all vacuums to see if it might change anything and it still does the same shit so i am leaning towards my butterflys being cracked open and not closing all the way my culprit. Guess i am just shocked it being barely cracked open gives it a surge like that. I will reply back after I do this with the verdict if i find one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
verdict is.... the end cable at the carbs was tight and not pointing up, moreso the cable was horizontal rather that perpendicular and loose. apparently cracked the idle a bit too much. Thanks 4 the reply throwback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
verdict is.... the end cable at the carbs was tight and not pointing up, moreso the cable was horizontal rather that perpendicular and loose. apparently cracked the idle a bit too much. Thanks 4 the reply throwback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts