Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...cause I deserved it more tonight then any other time I've ever ridden my motorcycle. What I did was stupid, blatantly in front of an unmarked Spokane police car, and more than ever I easily deserved a reckless driving on top of a couple other citations I'm sure.

I wont get into what I did, let's just say I was stupid and in a hurry. I saw the unmarked car and I still did it, and the red and blue came flashing!

To sum it up, the police officer gave me a HUGE break and let me off with a warning. I'm talking the mother of all warnings, the one that echoes in your mind that you need to check your throttle when riding and start relaxing off the aggression. What I did was deliberately stupid and uncalled for.

I’m not trying to preach to anyone; I’m just taking a moment to remind everyone to be careful out there. There is truly a time and place for all sorts of hooligan riding. While we all feel the police are completely against us (and Lord knows I’ve grown to think this over the years), they are simply just doing their job.

To the Spokane police officer that pulled me over tonight: I really appreciate it and you have my respect.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
As stated, there is a time and a place. I've been cut a few breaks by local law enforcement as well. Hell, I was going to be a cop and follow in the family footsteps, but everything happens for a reason.

Anyone can criticize them for the work they do, but it takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and make a statement like that. Beans, the ability to admit you were foolish, and praise that officer for doing his job.... you have my respect.

I just have to ask, would you still respect him for doing his job if he would've given you the ticket.... or would this be a totally different thread? LOL

Glad to see that good guys catch breaks every once in awhile.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, if I would have gotten the ticket, I would have not posted this but I would have felt the same. Every ticket I get, I always think its not the officer's fault because if I didnt do it then he wouldnt be asking me to press hard so he can three copies.

On that note, there have been a few instances where I received tickets where I didnt feel it was right. But I always remind myself off all those times I should have gotten a ticket or I was let off with a warning, and those are far greater then the times I do get tickets.

·
Registered
990 Posts
There is a lot of luck involved as to whether or not you
1. Get caught misbehaving.
2. Get a cop that is gonna just give you a roasting.

Whatever, I always took it as a warning & cranked up my awareness as to when & where I had fun on the bike. Preferably on a deserted road with no witnesses whatsoever :grin Go the few extra miles to find that road :wink

The thing to remember is the more often you break the rules then the more chance you are gonna get caught :rolleyes

·
Registered
604 Posts
Shortcircuit said:
There is a lot of luck involved as to whether or not you
1. Get caught misbehaving.
2. Get a cop that is gonna just give you a roasting.

Whatever, I always took it as a warning & cranked up my awareness as to when & where I had fun on the bike. Preferably on a deserted road with no witnesses whatsoever :grin Go the few extra miles to find that road :wink

The thing to remember is the more often you break the rules then the more chance you are gonna get caught :rolleyes
Amen to that.....:clap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts