Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've got a couple friends who ride with ICON gear and they swear by it. Jackets, helmets, and even the denim/armor pants.

Can't personally comment, but they seem to love it. If that's any help for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a pair of Ti pants in black that wre pretty nice. I think their stuff is more stunt/sround town oriented than track/travel. I gave my buddy my pants and he promptly asphalt tested them. A high speed lowside on Deals Gap, a couple of burn throughs on the thin areas but they held together. Good quality for the money. I prefer leather.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i like icon. icon motorhead jacket and icon tarmac gloves. i'm thinking of getting another pair of gloves though, the tarmac gloves are a bit too thin for me, i'd hate to asphalt grind my hands with a thin pair of gloves.

right now, this website has icon jackets on sale, i got mine for $100 under retail. http://www.metricbikes-superstore.com/

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only thing I don't like about Icon is their sizing. I got some Ti-max gloves in large (same size as my joe rockets and firstgear gloves) and they are just a bit too snug, while the others are a bit too loose. Just order a size or two larger than you think you need, you should be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the skull jacket and gloves along with a rubatone mainframe helmet. The jacket is awesome. You'd have to see one in person to appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to detail. I'd agree the sizing can be a little tricky so I'd recommend trying one on locally if you can. I'm fairly happy with my helmet as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, thanks for the feedback. I'm relatively new to sportbikes and I know that my old leather jacket is not gonna cut it for me as far as riding position and comfort. I just wanted to know how people liked their stuff because it seems like they sell nice products at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have a daytona jacket. I love it ... i think they have great style. great comfort. what i specialy love is the armor for the back , sholders , elbows and front arms. What i dont like is the sizing ... usualy i wear XL ... every one told me to pick a size bigger , but in my case i tried all sizes and the one that fitted the best was a large. I bought some gloves as well and had to take a size bigger for a good fit :p
Had them for all season and still looks nice . Not a stich broke. Colors are still perfect. Only thing left is to try it in a crash hehehhe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts