Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that Kawasaki makes the fastest production motorcycle in the world, but when it comes to handling...

What is the best motorcycle, in your opinion, that is great in the speed department but also great in the handling department.

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Mv

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you ridden an augusta, slim? Or are you just saying that because its more than most of us can afford? Im betting that you havnt, because you didnt even specify which MV.

You want speed and handling? Try a turbo charged speed triple.

180 hp.
No boost lag.
Brakes on a dime like a mother----

All you have to do is fit fairings of your choice on it, and youre done:)

·
Registered
683 Posts
:rotflmao Definitely a GoldWing. ABS, Heat, cd changer, and to top it off, it has reverse.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
If you've never ridden a BMW K1200S, you owe yourself the treat. Speed, handling, and engineering....it's like riding a razor. What a bike!

DW

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
Have you ridden an augusta, slim? Or are you just saying that because its more than most of us can afford? Im betting that you havnt, because you didnt even specify which MV.

You want speed and handling? Try a turbo charged speed triple.

180 hp.
No boost lag.
Brakes on a dime like a mother----

All you have to do is fit fairings of your choice on it, and youre done:)

Yes I have ....MV 5???? or something..... was years ago but I remember it well, there were no speed limits in the NT so I had some fun:evil

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Who's talking about racing? I think that the question was posed to take in the average rider with common sense and some skill. There are a lot of mediocre rides out there that, with a little tweaking for the race track, can run circles around the average street bike.

DW

·
Registered
532 Posts
Who's talking about racing? I think that the question was posed to take in the average rider with common sense and some skill. There are a lot of mediocre rides out there that, with a little tweaking for the race track, can run circles around the average street bike.

DW
I think the question was meant for standard "Off the shelve" bikes, not modified bikes. I agree, if you spend enough money on most bikes, you can make them all kick most standard bike's a**.! That is taking the point too far.

The question was for speed and handling of standard bikes!!

What better place to evaluate speed and handling than on a racetrack!

Best standard bike today for this must undoubtly be the Ducati 1098, unfortunately very few can afford it, as for the MV Agusta 1000 (current model). Don't throw away the ZX14 either, that give you some comfort as well. The ZX 10, GSXR, R1,CBR, Triump etc.etc.etc. are all excellent in all departments and on the street it doesn't make much difference which one you ride. The real difference can only be judged on the track!!!

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
:clap yep I agree with that

but damn that MV was nice

1 - 11 of 11 Posts