Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I seem to have come to a slight hiccup in getting my bike running again but I hope it's nothing serious. Today was an amazing day out so I finally decided to go change the oil in the bike and replace the air filter and double check for damage from my wreck. I got the oil changed and everything and took the tank off to put the new air filter in. I know I didn't have to remove the tank but since I have a new one on the way I figured it would be good to learn how to remove it now. That's where my issue starts.

I replaced everything on the tank, the fuel pump line, the wires, and the air intake tube(?). I thought everything was all set so I put the key in the ignition and turn it to on, speedo comes on, servo sounds like it's working and it's moving, and then I hit the ignition button. That's when my heart drops. The engine sounds like it's trying to crank for a spit second and then I hear a buzzard sound. Like a buzzard you would hear on a game show when you got the answer wrong. (I think my bike may just be mocking me) Once I hear the buzzard sound, the engine stops cranking and then it sounds like the servo is resetting and I can see the rpm meter on the speedo fill up and go back down again...tryed again, same thing. If anyone has had this happen before I'd love to know what I did wrong. I may not have put everything together 100% correctly because I was doing it in a garage with only the headlights from my car as light.
FYI, it ran just fine before winter and changing the oil. I didn't start it before changing the oil though because I didn't want the crap oil filtering through again.

EDIT- It's an 05 Zx6r btw.

Any help would be awesome guys! Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
/sigh well it looks like with a few different keywords in google I seem to have solved my problem. I guess I need a new battery. Anyone have a suggestion for something not too expensive but works well. Also can anyone else confirm this may be the issue? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Depending how long it has been sittitng, your battery could be dieing, and or dead. Just my $.02 off the top of my head.

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Try charging it up a bit if you can. Then go from there. You have enough power to turn things on, might be able to still take a charge........worth a shot anyway

·
Registered
427 Posts
dead battery, charge it up on a 2amp trickle over night. if she dont hold time for a new one. dry cell or gel is way to go

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, what do I use to recharge it? A battery tender? Is it possible to jump the battery with my truck off?

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
You can pick up a tender at walmart for 18$

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, just called Autozone and I'll be making my third trip there in the morning. Third trip in 24 hours.

Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts