Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was an ediot and did not fill my tank when the fuel light had been flashing for 40 miles. I kept telling myself i would make it , i will make it to the SHELL station by my house. Well guys. i never made it. i ran out of gas on the highway and had to push my bike to the first exit 2 miles away witch thankfully had gas at the top of a hill. I felt like an ass walking down the highway with my new bike. So the point of this is FILL up when the fuel light comes on. cause its more stressful to walk a few miles then to fill up at exxon.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I know you learned your lesson but, i appreciate that you told us you have atleast 40 miles on the flashing gas light. I'm wanna know how you pushing 180 in the rear wheel and i got the same exact setup as you. Full akro and commander/ custom tune the only thing is that i havent gotten the k&n filter.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know you learned your lesson but, i appreciate that you told us you have atleast 40 miles on the flashing gas light. I'm wanna know how you pushing 180 in the rear wheel and i got the same exact setup as you. Full akro and commander/ custom tune the only thing is that i havent gotten the k&n filter.
how much did you dyno at??
i do believe that a hard break in helps set the rings better and give u more power! This dyno is on of the most accurate ones around also.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dyno at 167-168 i rode it pretty hard during break in.
167-168 is low i think. eather that dyno is not accurate, or your bike was not properly tuned, or the K&N makes that much difference lol. Are you sure you have a full system exhaust?

·
Registered
57 Posts
i ran out of fule on friday night but i was racing a mazda 808 with a 20b triple rotor in it. thats a 2lt turbo rotary for those that dont know much about mazda's. this guy had a turbo that would suck small children of the sidewalk seriously it was huge!!!! but he still couldn't get me from a 90km/h rolling start :rotflmao. till i ran out of fuel that is but he pulled over and gave me a lift the gas station. moral of this story no mater how bad you want to race if the gas light is on go to the station coz these things chew fule at hi RPM's

just a note on the car for any interested parties. this guy had a drag racing set up. 2 link rear end with a ford 9" diff, turbo 400 transmition custom tail shaft ect. he had spent huge dollars but still couldnt beat my sock zx10r. saying that he wasn't to far behind me....it's the only car that has even come close so far

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh by the way all dyno's are inaccurate and the same dyno will give different results on different days there are so many variables involved. They also have mechanical and electronic adjustments built into them. So realistically you can get them to read what ever the customer wants to see. The only really accurate ones are engine dyno's that get a reading from the flywheel.

Saying all this they are an excellent tuning tool and should be treated as such rather than horsepower competition because unless the bikes are all done on the same dyno on the same day and all the conditions are exactly the same it just isn’t going to be accurate comparison.

·
Registered
117 Posts
oh i got the full system. But, i did hear they can make number changes on the dyno tune as well. Shit who knows..... ALL I KNOW IS MY BIKE IS WICKED FAST

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
my good buddy owns the shop so no numbers were played with. i got dynoed and tuned by professional racer Tommy Miceli at my friends shop. This dude is no joke.
go to www.xtrememachines.us and go to the dyno tuning and read about him and there sight. Check out the HP clubs. im on there in the over 175 hp club.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts