Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went out 4 a ride eveything was fine then the bike starts to turn off on me like it didnt have and gas in the tank so i tho o i dont have gas but i had a fall tank i try turning it on and it does somethings but when i put in gear and try to give it gas it truns off on me plzzzz help me i use this bike to go to work

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
i went out 4 a ride eveything was fine then the bike starts to turn off on me like it didnt have and gas in the tank so i tho o i dont have gas but i had a fall tank i try turning it on and it does somethings but when i put in gear and try to give it gas it truns off on me plzzzz help me i use this bike to go to work
For starters check your kickstand switch to see if it's working correctly. What does the bike do exactly? The moreinfo you give the easier it is for us to help you try to figure this out.

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
i dont have that switch idk when the bike does trun on when i put it in gear and i try to give it gas it trun off on me
Does it run ok when it's not in gear?

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
yea sound fine idk whats goin on like my choke bloke so i have to pull the wire to get the bike wram but i dont think that would make it do that
When you shut the choke off does it still run ok?

·
Premium Member
6,648 Posts
This leads me back to the kickstand proximity switch.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
This leads me back to the kickstand proximity switch.
+1

You can still have a problem with it whether it is there or not.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm with those two above. There is a tab near the top of your stand, when you flick the stand up, the tab presses against a little push rod. That push rod can become gummed up with old chain lube n that, so it may need a clean. Had my bike do that exact same thing a few times now. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
mine did the same thing,mine also did not have the switch but the wires are there. i cant remember if they are wired together or apart but track that down first. as soon as i fixed that mine worked fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the nike dies on me like when i try to give it gas when i out it in fast and it dies i look at my kick stand i dont have that on my no wires no nothing if it was the kick stand it it shut off my bike everytime i would put it down idk

·
Registered
272 Posts
a motor generally needs 3 main components to run: an air/fuel mixture, spark and comression. change fuel filter, check fuel lines for kinks when u put the tank on. coils can work when cold and when they heat/or u ask for more they quit but usually just give out once out. if u can get the bike to keep idling but wont take off, it moreso seems like a blockage. hopefully u didnt have ur carbs eat anything.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
a motor generally needs 3 main components to run: an air/fuel mixture, spark and comression. change fuel filter, check fuel lines for kinks when u put the tank on. coils can work when cold and when they heat/or u ask for more they quit but usually just give out once out. if u can get the bike to keep idling but wont take off, it moreso seems like a blockage. hopefully u didnt have ur carbs eat anything.
I really don't think that is his problem lol

·
Registered
7,375 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
As stated above,when the kick stand goes down it releases that tab.Do some more investigating around that kick stand tab,right at the pivot point of the kick stand.Hold the bike up-right and pivot the kick stand and ull see exactly whats going on,or get a buddy to hold the bike up-right and check that pivot point.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
:headscratch if he can put it in gear and its fine till he gives it gas doesnt sound like a cutout safety sensor imo.
Thats what happens with that sensor.The second you go to take off,if the kickstand is down or the kick stand sensor tab is out,the bike will shut off the second you give it gas and release the clutch.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts