Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wiped out on a diesel spill coming out of Lincoln Tunnel :tard and I need left side fairings for the bike (07 Ebony Special Edition) and don't seem to be able to find them anywhere and the dealers are talking about more than 1500$ just for left side and more than a month of waiting :eek:hno !!!Thats on top of 3 weeks of waiting on police report for insurance. If anybody would be kind enough to give me a solution, you will have my prayers!!! :squint (Repair not an option). Reliable Parts Sites, Individuals selling, All will be appreciated.

Other parts needed Include: Front Left Peg, Stater Cover, Lower Fairing, Left Mirror, Upper Fairing

·
Registered
72 Posts
First off let me go ahead and point out that if your looking to get out of this cheap and easy, its not going to happen. You are taking the hard road, trying to find parts, espcially fairings, for a brand spankin new bike not even a year old. I always use Ron Ayers for my OEM parts. They have a michro fiche system on the site that is excellent. However, they dont have anything for your bike, which is the exact same as mine, because its too new. You see Kawasaki waits to put these things out for a while, so you have to go back to the dealer to get them, thus them making more money off of you. After a while, and the 08s come out they dont worry about the 07s anymore. Not trying to piss you off, just trying to shed some reality on the situation. ALL IN ALL, YOUR BEST FRIEND RIGHT NOW IS EBAY OR THE DEALER. Sorry my friend.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Race teams

It's probably worth trying any teams that has raced the bikes as the road fairings will probably have been replaced with race items & would be surplus to their requirements.

HTH

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing on Ebay I checked. I put that eproxy thing on the stater cover to stop the oil leak and the bike is running good. Lower fairing has no flames so I think I can put one off of the all black 06. Front peg and the clutch lever will be the same case but the side fairing and the upper fairing is killing me everytime I look at it. I bought the bike a month ago, I don't think it would hurt so much if it happened at least after the summer or next year.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I low-sided mine on a cold ass day a month or so back... It pains me to look at the scratch on the lower fairing...... i'm replacing my slider next week so at least it will look a little better. If it wasn't for the slider it would have been the whole fairing!!!!!!! :scared

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah the pegs and clutch is not the main problem. The fairings is where the heartache is. If I didn't have a slider I would have definitaly messed up the frame and the gas tank and the list goes on... I m gonna stick a slider in the back too now although the side installed license plate holder did an excellent job. I had the no cut ones with the brackets and it did a superb job. I m glad I walked away fine too but you know how it goes.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I forgot to mention it. My cousin was followin me with a 05 GSXR 750 with stunt bars all around it. He wiped out right after me but he got a chance to slow down so his bike is fine. I was on the ground sliding and rolling, right when I thought I was stopping his bike hit me on the ground and I went back to sliding. The bike caught up again and this time went over my legs. Thank god for the gear I was wearing. I was knee dragging earlier so I had my legs covered with armour and the whole jacket, glove boot thing. First crash ever after three years of riding other than a kickstand incident.

·
Registered
366 Posts
if you don't mind the hassle, you can try for after markets like shark sk:nz . You an also try to pick up some '06 black fairings and strip the flames off the right side of your bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts